Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
Under the general direction of the Director F&B and F&B Manager, oversees and direct all aspects of Food and Beverage Service operations. Perform professional career in leading daily operations of past-paced F&B service operations with actual long experience and job exposure in Food & Beverage Department. Well versed in bar and restaurant and contract food service industry. Strong qualifications in computer knowledge, personnel development, team building and team leadership. Effective motivator, trainer and mentor, dedicated to continuous improvements in quality, productivity, efficiency and customer service.
Promotes the desired work culture around the five core values of Trust, Integrity, Respect, One Team and Service of the Kurumba and the brand philosophy
Regularly read to understand the relationships within the business and other organizations such as customers and suppliers and use this knowledge to predict situations and influence outcomes
Demonstrate a flexible and mature management style and adapt your actions to influence others to achieve results
Build and maintain positive relationships with all customers and guests in order to exceed their needs
Take action to address these needs in order to exceed their expectations, and create a positive resort image in every interaction with internal and external customers champion resort brand standards
Understand and consider the global nature of the business Work effectively with colleagues from different viewpoints, cultures and countries
Areas of Responsibility:
- Reports directly to and communicates with the Director F&B and F&B Manager on all pertinent matters affecting Food and Beverage Service operations.
- Will be responsible for all restaurants and Bar & staff
- Will be the substitute for the F&B Manager in his absence
- Supervises Food and Beverage Service operations.
- Interacts with guests as well as individuals outside the resort industry including but not limited to, travel industry representatives and suppliers.
- Cooperates, coordinates and communicates with other Department Heads, as required.
- Contribute to the moral and team spirit of the hotel by maintaining good relationships with colleagues
- Perform any additional duties or special projects as directed by the Management
- Be fully conversant with all health and safety, fire and emergency procedures
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene, dress, uniform and body language
- Be polite and professional in any situation where the image of the resort is represented
- Attend Meetings as required by the Management
- Ensure that all activities are carried out honestly, ethically and within the parameters of the Maldivian Law
Duties and responsibilities:
- The scope of responsibility is diverse and includes planning, budgeting, expense control, recruitment staffing, scheduling, procurement, inventory control, facilities management, and guest service satisfaction. To perform directly and decisively with hands-on management style by ensuring all functions are successfully executed, and to consistently adhere with Kurumba service operation standard.
- Supervises the overall activities of Food and Beverage Service operations.
- Monitors Food and Beverage Service particularly guest contact personnel, to ensure known repeat guests and other VIP’s receive special attention and recognition.
- Up sells and promotes products in order to increase revenues in all outlets.
- Ensures that ambience in all outlets is of quality standard i.e. decorations as per theme nights, music, lights, promotional materials etc.
- Coordinates exchange of information between departments within the Food and Beverage Service and direct exchange of information with other departments, such as Kitchen, Front Office and Maintenance.
- Conducts such functions as interviewing, orientation, performance appraisal, coaching, counseling, and training to ensure appropriate staffing and productivity.
- Identifies training needs, develops formal training plans and implements training programs.
- Assumes overall responsibility for maintaining standards to ensure facilities and equipment’s are clean, in good repair and well maintained.
- Schedules and regularly conducts routine inspections of areas under his/her control.
- Maintains appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniforms, appearance and posture of Food and Beverage Service colleagues.
- Conducts weekly departmental meetings to include review of procedures and events that requires special handling and detailed information.
- Controls and analyses, on an ongoing basis, Food and Beverage Service cost to ensure performance against budget.
- Monitors and controls the inventories for operating equipment and supplies.
- Communicates to the General Manager/Director F&B all information likely to be of interest to them.
- Monitors and controls the Food and Beverage Service Operation in the areas of revenue, expenditure, profitability and performance against budget.
- Estimate food, liquor, wine, and other beverage consumption to anticipate amount to be purchased or requisitioned.
- Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality, service, or the outlets.
- Review menus and analyze recipes to determine labor and overhead costs, and assigns prices to menu items.
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
- To select and train Supervisors, Captains, waiters and hostesses who are able to work within the Kurumba Philosophy
- To identify training needs and plan training programs, together with the Training Manager, throughout the year.
- To fully support the Training Manager, educate him/her on your operational and management needs.
- To ensure that all employees are treated respectively and equally
- To ensure that all outlets employees are Multi Skilled and have the necessary skills to perform their duties with maximum efficiency, through consistent training in accordance with the Annual Training Plan.
- To liaise and inform the Food & Beverage Manager and Human Resources Department of all training sessions.
- To ensure that all employees provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
- To supervise the employees within the department, ensuring that the correct standards and methods of service are maintained as stated in the Operations Manual.
- To conduct staff yearly performance appraisal.
- To ensure that all employees maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- To ensure that all employees report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag at all times.
- To assist in the building of an efficient team of employees by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety and development.
- To ensure that all employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to the Resort’s Employee Rules & Regulations.
- To ensure that all employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to the hotel’s policy relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To ensure that the departmental operation manual/SOPs are updated on a regular basis and communicated to all concerned.
- Ensure that all meetings are well planned, efficient and result oriented.
- Initiate weekly meeting with engineering/housekeeping/front office and laundry supervisors to establish operational priorities (weekly work schedules), discuss product service enhancement opportunities and resolve operational issues.
- To attend daily operation briefing with the general manager and all other department head.
Training & Development
- Contributes to the development and implementation of improved methods of work and better utilization of staff in all areas.
- To coordinate an effective and efficient payroll management by establish an efficient, flexible work force throughout the department based on the principles of multi-tasking.
- Initiates and administers yearly performance appraisals for operative and supervisory staff and sets measurable and achievable goals and objectives for them.
- Train department supervisors to enable them to train the staff of their own section.
- Conduct regular technical on-the job training programs.
- Assists in creating and maintaining a positive atmosphere within the department that allows for open two way communication (open door policy)
- Ensuring morale and productivity reach the highest possible levels.
- Provide employee coaching and counseling as necessary.
- To be available and listen to all concerns from fellow TM
- To be a positive tutor, and lead by example