Technician ( Electrical) - Engineering - Burj Al Arab
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. we value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Burj Al Arab is managed by Jumeirah Group, the global luxury hospitality company and a member of Dubai Holding.
Burj Al Arab is designed to resemble a billowing sail and stands at a height of 321 meters. It is one of the most Photographed structures in the world and has been consistently voted the world's most luxurious hotel, with features including in suite check-in and check-out reception desks on every floor, round-the-clock private butlers and use of the hotel's Rolls-Royce fleet. the hotel's 202 luxury suites range from 170 to 780 square meters with a rain shower and a Jacuzzi in each suite, as well as six restaurants and conference and banqueting Venues.About the role
An opportunity has arisen in Engineering Department at Burj Al Arab for a highly motivated and hard working individual. The main purpose of this position is to ensure plant and equipment is maintained according to Jumeirah Engineering Management Systems Policies.
- To carry out repairs, maintenance and installation to all related plant and equipment.
- To complete work orders, PPMs, CWAs as directed.
- To select correct materials from engineering stores.
- To organise work in a skilled and professional manner.
- To advise supervisor colleagues promptly of any problems on failures.
- To ensure safe working conditions for yourself and your colleagues and report to senior colleagues of any unsafe working conditions.
- To ensure that work areas are left in a safe and tidy condition.
- Read and understand basic drawings
- To use mechanical test equipment and instruments.
- Work on own initiative without full detailed supervision or direction.
- Request support and direction as needed.
- Be familiar with and comply with all relevant Engineering Department policies, processes and procedures.
- To perform other duties that management may from time to time reasonably require
In order to be considered for this role you must have minimum 2 years experience in hotel engineering field or 5 years general / Construction work experience. Diploma in Electrical Engineering is ideal.
You should have knowledge about computer base planed preventative maintenance, as well as the capability to multitask and strong attention to detail. You will also be a team player with effective analytical skills. Your interpersonal and customer service ability will be excellent.