Assistant Chief Concierge
Full job details
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find your World.
The iconic St. Regis brand extends its legacy to Abu Dhabi, with the St. Regis Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi.
The hotel's air of mystique is created by thoughtful Mediterranean architecture and a contemporary interior design, which is further enhanced by an intelligent use of natural products and elements. This calming ambience flows through the food and beverage outlets that provide sumptuous meals and refreshing drinks all the way to one of the largest function facilities in the region.
Saadiyat Island is a beautiful natural island just 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International airport and 7 minutes from downtown Abu Dhabi and is destined to become the address of choice for discerning, well-travelled connoisseurs.
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Rooms - Concierge
• To be an ambassador of the hotel, in and outside the work place
• To be in the guest area to have contact with the guests and to socialize, playing a Public Relations role
• To provide a personal service to all the guests, fully aware and following the hotel standards and procedure
• To ensure that all guests receive a warm welcome and that they enjoy their stay / visit being offered the finest personal service.
• To personally greet and escort the guests rather than pointing out directions
• To ensure that the privacy of the guests and the confidentiality of the information is respected
• To ensure uncompromising levels of cleanliness and maintenance of the work place through own responsibility
• To manage any guest complaint in a professional manner, by owning it, resolving it to the guest’s satisfaction and recording it
• To ensure that both the arrival and the departure lists are updated, transportation and airport services are scheduled and respected and all the set-ups are according to guest requests and needs
• To act as a representative of the Management when dealing with guest complaints or if a member of the Concierge team is facing difficulties that she / he cannot solve by her / his own
• To escalate to management for advice in serious cases or if an approval is required
• To be fully aware of and to report all guest comments or complaints
• To ensure a proper use of the telephone etiquette as per St. Regis standard times
• To ensure appropriate stock level for the smooth run of the Concierge operations and to prepare requisitions accordingly
• To ensure that all in-house guests and / or visitors looking for assistance, personally, on the phone, fax or e-mail are immediately attended and their requests are well responded at any time
• To ensure that all the outsourced services contracted by the Concierge are of high quality and fully corresponding to the guests‘ and hotel’s requirements and needs, as approved by the hotel management
• To ensure that all messages, correspondence, parcels, mail, luggage etc. are delivered as per hotel standards and procedures
• To ensure that the lobby is free of baggage, trolleys and obstructing objects all the time and these items are safely stored
• To offer assistance at any time in the operations and to monitor, highlight and suggest improvements on any malfunction
• To ensure and perform a proper use of all the equipment and hotel management system and to have a perfect knowledge of the set ups
• To assist in securing external guest accommodation should an overbooking occur
• To ensure that all team members provide correct and prompt information about the outlets and promote the internal activities and events
• To attend any inter-departmental meeting using this opportunity to encourage the interactivity with the Concierge team and to review the operational standards and procedures
• To share daily activity highlights with the Front Office Department, including internal and external guest opportunities
Programs / Systems / Reporting:
• To ensure the strict control of room keys and section keys as per hotel FOE
• To daily review and update the Concierge logbook and to sign it
• To ensure that Guest History records are accurately maintained and all recurring guests are pre-registered
• To ensure the SPG program is promoted and to build strong and long-term relationships with the guests
• To be updated with the competitor’s offerings and rates
• To assist the Front Office Department in preparing forecasts and statistics
• To prepare and present daily / monthly activity and revenue reports, ensuring correct guest and service billing
• To daily implement and control the check lists
It is not the intent of this job description to cover all aspects of the position but to highlight the most important areas of responsibility.
• Bachelor degree preferred
• 2 years’ experience as a Concierge Supervisor in a 5* property
• Middle East experience, ideally in Abu Dhabi or Dubai
• Additional language preferred
• High level of IT understanding.
• Ability to use Microsoft package efficiently