Sales Specialist - Groups & Events
Full job details
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find your World.
The iconic St. Regis brand extends its legacy to Abu Dhabi, with the St. Regis Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi.
The hotel's air of mystique is created by thoughtful Mediterranean architecture and a contemporary interior design, which is further enhanced by an intelligent use of natural products and elements. This calming ambience flows through the food and beverage outlets that provide sumptuous meals and refreshing drinks all the way to one of the largest function facilities in the region.
Saadiyat Island is a beautiful natural island just 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International airport and 7 minutes from downtown Abu Dhabi and is destined to become the address of choice for discerning, well-travelled connoisseurs.
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Sales - Groups & Events
• To ensure knowledge and understanding of Opera and adhere to standards.
• To develop a good knowledge of Opera Sales & Catering & PMS systems in order to be competent in checking bedroom availability
• To ensure that all group enquiries are entered into and reviewed on TLGO/Opera in order to review suitability of business.
• Ensure the standard template of responses is used and that enquiry handling follows the EAME Divisional Group/Event Enquiry handling guidelines
• Ensure correct application of enquiry form procedure. Timeline for response back to client is defined by client expectations, which will vary for each request and must be confirmed with client at time of enquiry. (Standard response time is within 24 hours of receiving enquiry)
• Ensure to use eproposal for majority of proposals
• Working closely with the Sales Manager to achieve personal revenue goals and budgeted goals of the property.
• Proactively manage the Wedding to ensure maximum yield in rooms and banqueting revenue in line with budgetary objectives.
• Maintain valid call objectives and relevant action plans for wedding segment, and ensure all follow up is executed in a timely manner.
• Communicating client requirements in a timely and accurate manner to all internal departments as required, ensuring delivery of superior guest service.
• Assemble and distribute consistent, concise group resumes and banquet event orders that clearly represent a events every requirement for all departments.
• Work closely with the client and key hotel departments throughout the duration of their event, being available to assist them at the appropriate times.
• Responsible for the successful outcome of assigned events from pre-arrival through to post-departure.
• Attend and Chair Pre Event Meetings and Menu Tastings as required.
• Work closely with Revenue Manager to ensure guestroom rate integrity.
• Work closely with the Culinary team in the creation of new theme menus, special events and service standards
• Ensure hotel costs are effectively controlled
• To provide all requested credit information to credit manager including timely communication to client of credit policy, receipt of signed contract and deposit
• Attend daily events briefing providing accurate updates on details of bookings and enquiries
• To attend weekly Groups and Events Meeting
• To ensure tentative business block information is updated on a monthly basis & provide accurate updates to the Director of Groups and Events to present at the revenue strategy meeting
• Ensure regular updates in Opera on specific bookings within the 30/60/90 timeframe are provided in order to assist Director of Revenue and Groups & Events in accurate forecasting
• Take responsibility & be empowered to make decisions in quoting for business, adhering to the pre-set strategic guidelines using tools available such as TLGO.
• Effectively manage time ensuring the completion of all pre-set tasks on a daily basis.
• Ensure site inspections are conducted in a methodical fashion adhering to the core standards of the department
• Take part in special projects as directed by the Account Director of Groups & Events
• Hotel School / Bachelor Degree
• Hospitality background in 5* Hotel
• Middle East experience
• Arabic speaking as a plus
• High level of IT understanding.
• Ability to use Microsoft package efficiently