Demi Chef De Partie
Full job details
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
Completely renovated in 2016, the Sheraton Oman Hotel is an architectural landmark strategically located at the top of Ruwi, within walking distance of the city’s central business district and shopping areas. The old town of Muscat, featuring the Muttrah Souq fish market, the Sultan’s Palace and the country’s National Museum can easily be reached by taxi within 10 minutes. All of the hotel’s 230 bedrooms have uninterrupted views of the surrounding mountains, our famous Sheraton Signature Bed, high speed internet access as well as a wall-mounted LCD TV.
A host of dining options are available, including Asado, our South-American Steakhouse, and for those looking to energize, the hotel boasts Muscat’s only indoor pool and a comprehensive gym area that includes state of the art fitness equipment featuring Technogym’s Wellness System for effective personal training, treatment rooms, sauna, steam room and a dedicated workout area for ladies. The hotel disposes of the largest ballroom in the country and a variety of meeting rooms which makes us the ideal choice for meeting planners.
The Sheraton Oman Hotel is a synonym for reassuring hospitality for discerning travelers. A visit to Muscat offers an ideal way to see all that’s new at our five star address – an established location in the heart of a great city.
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Chef de Partie, and within the limits of established Starwood Policies, assists in the overseeing and directing of all aspects of the hot and cold production.
As a Demi Chef De Partie, you will be expected to work with Associates to ensure satisfaction. You will have to take Initiative and get creative in resolving challenges and involve a Manager only when previous methods have been unsuccessful.
• To train subordinate staff on proper use of machinery and equipment and cleaning of it on a regular basis.
• Train and motivate all subordinates on a regular basis
• To establishes and maintain effective employee relations
• To inform the Chef de Partie on a daily basis on all relevant information on operational and personal matters.
• Checks function sheets and sees to it that all food items for restaurants, banquets and special functions are prepared on time and meet quality and quantity standards.
• To take proper inventory of food items in his section in absence of direct supervisor.
• To prepare on daily basis food requisitions as assigned.
• To maintain cleanliness in all assigned areas, including refrigerators and freezers.
• To perform duties common to all supervisors and other duties as maybe assigned.
• To control costs by minimizing spoilage, waste, proper storage and exercising strict portion control as per hotel policies
• Supervises and participates in the preparation of assigned lunch and dinner buffets, special functions, banquets and restaurants supply.
• To make daily production lists for his/her section in absence of the Commis.
• Observes and tests all food being cooked and samples all food before it is served.
• Attends training sessions.
• Assists the Chef de Partie in controlling food cost
• Reports any equipment on the section which needs repair or maintenance.
• To ensure freshness and suitability of products used by the section and that they are stored properly.
• Ensures smooth running of the section during direct supervisor’s absences.
• To be familiar with local food hygiene and HACCP guidelines as per Local Legislations
• Serves guests in all aspects of service contact points
• Achieves set standards in service levels
• Participates in team meetings and training
• Ensures corporate client service standards are monitored and achieved
• Continually looks for ways to improve their area of operations
u High School diploma required , Certificate in Catering
• Intermediate understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
• Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.