Account Director - Corporate Sales
Full job details
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
Le Royal Méridien Abu Dhabi, one of the city’s most elegant and luxurious hotels and an iconic architectural landmark.
Recently transformed with a comprehensive renovation and refurbishment, Le Royal Méridien Abu Dhabi is the perfect location for both business and pleasure.
It is ideally located in the heart of Abu Dhabi’s commercial district, yet only a short walk from the shopping districts and the shimmering sands of the Corniche.
Under the guidance of the Asst Director of Sales and the Director of Sales, develop and maintain an account base within the corporate market, generating revenue and new business opportunities for the hotel. Maximizing rooms / F&B / Conference and Banqueting business from a defined account base. Proactively uncovering new prospects for the Sheraton Dubai Creek and maximizing conversion of business in line with Hotels’ budgetary goals.
This will include maintenance of updated company profiles in Opera Sales & Catering, face to face interviews with clients, negotiating rates/contracts and closing deals within parameters established by the DOSM. Carry out promotional activity e.g. FAM trips, educational site inspections, mailings and incentives, participate in sales blitzes, workshops as appropriate.
This position is considered to be the senior account handler within the Sales structure, and therefore requires a high degree of self motivation and the ability to work unsupervised using own initiative. This position is responsible for the management of sales accounts, and is not responsible for the day to day management of the sales team.
Representing Starwood Hotels & Resorts and the Sheraton Dubai Creek promoting the quality image of the company at every opportunity (Within the local community inside & outside the hotel).
The Sales Manager is accountable for transient/ group business on an established account base consisting primarily of Key Accounts, Key prospects and Other Active Files. The account base will cover mainly embassies/consulates/trade offices, local trading companies, banks and multinational companies as well as some tour operators.
• Proactively prospecting new accounts for the Sheraton Dubai Creek and following sales process through to convert into ‘producing’ accounts.
• Re-negotiation of SET agreements within Sheraton Dubai Creek pricing guidelines of all accounts within agreed time frames. Ensuring accurate follow up and communication both internally to reservations and accounting departments, & confirmation to client.
• Proactively respond to any Group/banqueting requests, checking space/rates in Opera and communicating to Convention Director for further follow up.
• Communicating client requirements in a timely and accurate manner to all internal departments as required, ensuring delivery of superior guest service.
• To co-ordinate with the members of the sales team to ensure valid information on the Market is communicated and documented.
• To undertake a minimum of 25 Sales Calls per week, ensuring that Sales Calls reports are done on a daily basis and presented to the ADOS on request.
• To produce Monthly required Sales Report. Reports to be presented in timely manner to the ADOS.
• To produce Weekly future appointments schedule regularly to be presented to the ADOS.
• Participate in the weekend Duty Manager Shift as required. Attend weekly operations meeting if needed.
• To take responsibility for the compilation and execution of quarterly sales action plans as agreed with the Assistant Director of Sales and approved by the Director of Sales. Communicate any obstacles to completing action plans to Asst. DOS and DOS.
• To actively lead and provide support to Sales Executive and the Sales Specialist to assist them to carry out their roles effectively.
• Proactively manage a pre-determined number of key accounts/key prospect and other active accounts to ensure maximum yield in line with budgetary objectives. Maintain valid call objectives and relevant action plans for each key accounts/key prospect and ensure all follow up is executed in a timely manner.
• Take personal responsibility to ensure that OPERA/Revenue Plan/ standards are maintained and that the system is utilized to its full capacity. Maintain up-to-date activity and rate information for each account. To understand and be in a position to action any group and events enquiries and ensure accurate hand over and follow up to Convention Team.
• To ensure accurate information is reflected into SIMS systems for each managed account. To ensure accurate data is registered in the SIMS system for Incentive results.
• To accurately complete all Global Preference, SET Preferred RFP Agreements and Travel Management solicitations, ensuring all deadlines are met.
• Working closely with the Sales Team, to take responsibility for the smooth running of the Sales Department in the absence of the ADOS, ensuring all deadlines are met.
• To arrange and manage familiarization trips and sight visits in line with business needs.
• To attend any trade fairs when required as a representative of the Sheraton Dubai Creek, ensuring that that the quality image of the Hotel is portrayed, and that every opportunity is taken to promote the Hotel and Starwood Hotels & Resorts.
• Lead in preparation of action plans for developing Key Prospects and new business opportunities and ensure strategic account plan is in place in each every hotel key accounts.
• Actively lead global & local sales blitzes, visiting local trade shows, workshops and events as appropriate.
• Ensure that all customer correspondence is answered within 24-hrs.
• Regularly entertain during lunch or dinner at least 4 clients per week.
• Ensure accuracy of monthly target forecasting by +/-10 percent.
• Achieve room nights & revenue targets as set with the DOS.
• Enroll clients & guests in Starwood Loyalty programs as per targets given by the DOS
• Ensure actively promote/sell not just its own property but also other SW sister hotels worldwide.
Supportive Functions (Property specific):
• Responsible for helping sales team to maintain mailing lists.
• Maintain a record of other hotels newsletters, rack rates and any other collateral material.
• Maintain order in the filing system of the Sales & Marketing office and update files on a regular basis.
• Maintain liaison with all Department Heads to ensure that the best service is provided to clients
• Provide market intelligence/information of the other competitor hotels and be fully knowledgeable of competitor’s weaknesses/strengths; and at the same time maintain confidentiality of this hotel’s activities, targets and rate structures.
• Assist the DOS/ADOS in marketing activities & plan, yearly budget reviews.
• Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a
team leader. There is minimal direct supervision
• Knowledge of all departments of hotel
• Ability to communicate customer needs and resolve complaints independently
• Ability to establish and master goals. Ability to identify and develop accounts
• Ability to act independently with minimal or no supervision
• Must possess basic computational ability
• Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, accounting programs, Microsoft Word, Excel and Opera Sales & Catering. Math skills, as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English primary language used
in the workplace
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written of English. Arabic is a plus and other languages is essential.
• Must have excellent interpersonal and sales-related skills.
• Must have exceptional organizational, supervisory skills.
• Must be able to prepare and analyze data and figures, and transcriptions prepared on and generated by computer.
• Previous experience working within SW is a plus.
• 2 – 3 years prior experience in hotel operations
• 1 – 2 years prior experience in MICE Sales within the Gulf Area particularly UAE
• UAE driving license is a must
• Fluency in writing, speaking and reading in English is a must, Arabic and other languages is a plus