SENIOR SALES MANAGER - Outside Catering (Local Hire only) - Holiday Inn Salmiya, Kuwait
Full job details
We are looking for a talented and experienced Senior Sales Manager to join our Convention Sales Team. The ideal candidate should have a minimum 5 year experience in the same role or relevant experience in Sales & Marketing preferably in the mid-market hotels & Catering sectors.
Job Summary – (Role Summary)
· To manage sales activities primarily for Outside Catering and events inline with the annual sales and marketing plan and to achieve/exceed budget and sales strategy for your hotel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities of the role)
· Responsible to implement all sales activities and maximize business opportunities in your specific area of responsibility.
· Generating new accounts and maintaining accounts through sales calls, sales blitz, telephone calls and entertainment.
· Takes responsibility for understanding the Sales Plan of the Hotel and the required budgetary guidelines, to enable empowered decisions in all rate negotiations.
· Achieve budgeted revenues and department goals and maximize profitability.
· Ensures that selling strategies are adhered to during negotiations and maximize upselling opportunities whenever possible.
· Recognizing & understanding market competition and trends and provides feedback and suggestions gathered from direct sales solicitations, telephone calls, etc.
· Formulate corporate offer letters, contracts and any other required business correspondence.
· Supports the Director of Sales Convention
· Responsible in preparation of weekly, monthly and quarterly sales reports as required.
· Responsible in re-negotiation of rate agreements within budgetary guidelines of corporate accounts with the approval of the DOSC, and ensures that accurate rates are communicated to concerned departments.
· Attends trade and networking events as representative of Holiday Inn when required.
· Develop and maintain relationship with clients and guests in order to produce business, and promotes the brand image at all times.
· Executes departmental goals in game plans.
· Encourages calculated risk-taking to generate incremental revenue and deliver excellent guest service.
· Develops working relationships with outside vendors and establishes prices and service agreements to enhance the event experience and to increase additional revenue opportunities for the property.
· Creates and achieves the annual banquet budget.
· Creates an atmosphere in all event management operations areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
· Consult with customers in order to determine objectives and requirements for events such as meetings, conferences, and conventions.
Ø Be a dynamic, passionate and goal – oriented individual.
Ø Have a 5 years’ experience as Senior Sales Manager, or relevant work experience in a similar role within the hospitality industry, preferably in mid-market hotels Catering Sectors.
Ø InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) experience would be an advantage.
Ø Bachelor’s Degree/Higher Diploma in Hospitality or related degree is required.
Ø Have good communication skills, fluent in speaking & writing in English, fluency in other Language would be an advantage.
Ø Have a valid Kuwait driving license.