Luxury Cruise Line - Executive Housekeeper - Worldwide
Full job details
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Provide direction; support; guidance and coordinate the Housekeeping and Laundry operations consisting of approximately 85-100 Officers and Crew. Financial performance of the department
- Responsible for leading and supporting a multi cultural team of Housekeeping Managers and crew and laundry Team, ensuring the highest level of crew satisfaction and productivity.
- Will provide the highest levels of comfort and hospitality to guests and ensure impeccable standards of cleanliness and hygiene in all areas, as per VOC standards.
- Achieve maximum guest satisfaction and organizational profitability as set by VOC standards.
- Manage and ensure the financial performance of Housekeeping department are on target.
- Ensure a safe and fair work environment.
- Oversee inventory control and approve purchase order and requisitions.
- Ensure full adherence to USPH standards.
- Monitor reports such as Voyage\cruise report to identify opportunity to improve guest service and satisfaction.
- Facilitate department meetings.
- Perform regular inspection of all Housekeeping areas to ensure compliance with VOC standards.
- Perform regular inspections of the main laundry facility.
- Monitor the routine maintenance of staterooms, public areas, crew areas and laundry facilities.
- Participate in various Department Head meeting.
- Participate in shipboard inspection as required.
- Partnership with other departments.
- Meet daily with Team Leaders to provide feedback and operational updates.
- Follow through direct report day to day work.
- Identifies issues\concerns and find solution for improvement.
- Ensure all Human Resources related issues are handle properly and fairly as per VOC standards.
- Demonstrate professionalism and be a good role model for subordinates.
- Handle guest and Crew challenges in an efficient and professional manner.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace with emphasis on employee health and fire\chemical safety.
- Operate in line with all USPH, Environmental, Safety and Security Policy.
Will provide leadership for all direct reports; Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing personnel files
- Conducting performance reviews, including discipline as needed
- Ensuring MLC compliance
- Onboard training
- Succession planning
- Crew recognition and communication
- Minimum three-five years experience as Executive Housekeeper with 5 stars plus ships operation of 300 + cabin.
- Business Administration or Hotel Management degree preferred.
- Dry-dock\New build experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of USPH.
- Knowledge of laundry operation.
- Proven experience leading a large multicultural team.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of Human Resources process and procedures.
- Demonstrated strong English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated positive attitude, self-motivation and follow through.
- Strong partnering, networking and relationship skills.
- Ability to understand needs of front-line leaders.
- Demonstrated proficiency with PC based databases, spread sheets, and word processing systems.
- Team builder with excellent motivational skills and coaching ability
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly organized and efficient manner