Cost Controller, Finance and Business Support at IHG® - DFC
Full job details
Do you see yourself as a Cost Controller
What's your passion? Whether you're
into scuba diving, golf or dancing the tango, at IHG® we're interested in you.
We love people who apply the same amount of passion and precision to their jobs
as they do to their hobbies. Imagine working for a company that gives you
Room to be yourself. Our commitment to our people is to deliver room to
have a great start, to learn and grow, to perform, to be recognized and
rewarded, to be involved and to take the initiative and lead.
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG®) properties in Dubai Festival City consist
of three hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the
superior upscale Crowne Plaza and the lavish long-stay InterContinental
Residence Suites. In addition to over 1000 bedrooms, the three properties boast
a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square
meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by
InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of -the-art
gymnasium facilities, and swimming pool facilities.
are looking for confident, sophisticated and internationally-minded people to
join over 1200 colleagues who are committed to maintaining the highest
standards of luxury, quality and service which define our company. We
value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share
your passion when you work with us.
At the moment we are looking for a Cost
Controller to join our energetic, enthusiastic and passionate team in Finance at InterContinental Hotels
Dubai Festival City.
Under the direct
supervision of the Finance & Business Support Manager, this position is
responsible for the hotel cost control functions and involves direct
supervision of the receiving team.
The key responsibilities are:
· Monitor & approve daily posting of receiving, stores issues &
food and beverage transfers
· Monitors receiving team for compliance to HACCP & hotel receiving
· Monitor stores and ensure all issues as in compliance to hotel policy
· Conduct spot checks in restaurants, bars & kitchens
· Conduct regular spot checks on kitchen potion control
· Conduct regular spot checks in to approved par levels
· Prepare & distribute daily food & beverage cost reports
· Ensure all menus have recipe costing and all records updated on FBM
· Maintain approved recipe file and to be updated as and when changes
· Prepare regular buffet costing and menu engineering to review
· Ensure A&P, A&G & Officers Checks are properly documented,
approved and comply to policy, report to Director of Finance & Business
Support any deviation to policy.
· Attend events with open cash Bars, prepare individual function P&L
to review profitability of such events.
· Review and control all food & beverage discounts & report
· Conduct monthly inventory in stores and bars and report any variances
· Coordinate the month-end process related to cost control internally with
· Prepare monthly cost control package by the 3rd of each month
· Assist in all internal & external audits as and when it happens
internally with all involved
· Any other assignments, projects or
tasks assigned by management as and when needed
mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflicts, improve team
member performance and recognize good performance.
Ideally, you'll have some or all of the following
qualifications and experience we're looking for:
Degree or Higher Education qualification in accounting
· Minimum of 4
years’ experience in a similar capacity
experience on Opera, Micros, FBM and SUN Financials
In return we will give you a
competitive financial and benefits package including accommodation, free meals on
duty, hotel discounts worldwide and the chance to work with a great team of
people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
At IHG® we are committed to
developing our team and managing our talent and would encourage internal as
well as external candidates to apply for any of our vacancies.
So what's your passion? Please apply on-line and tell us how
you can bring your individual skills to IHG®.
find out more about us or any other jobs with IHG® please look at www.ihg.com/careers