Assistant Materials Manager
Full job details
We are looking for a candidate who would demonstrate tenacity, diligence, meticulous, attention to detail, results-driven, adaptability and great diplomacy. The ideal candidate actively pursues personal and professional development opportunities and would also demonstrate a good work/life balance.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for all administrative functions of the Materials Department, staffing, training and execution of other related duties.
- Responsible for all purchasing functions, quotations, quality and availability.
- Responsible for physical control of all store items until issued, fully documented under strict control procedures (key control, timing schedule, authorized issue requests).
- Responsible for maintaining logical storeroom inventory levels operationally needed.
- Identifies and recommends new products available in the market.
- Obtains written approval for established Min/Max stock levels by the financial controller and general manager.
- Issues regularly slow moving item lists. Ensures validity of items available, force issue obsolete items and follows up on action taken for disposal.
- Verifies that all documentation and proper quotations are maintained and filed according to Policy and Procedure requirements.
- Approves all storeroom re-order requests, verifying quantities within the established Min/Max stock levels.
- Allocates responsible buyers (including self) for storerooms & direct purchase requests including market lists for all system received orders.
- Authorizes all purchase requests allocated by buyers after checking quotations validity (minimum three whenever possible for non-agency products), last price paid, proper units, and quality/brand verification.
- Ensures that all order receiving dates are updated by the buyers according to the suppliers promised delivery dates.
- Ensures that all authorized/approved purchase orders are sent to their respective suppliers/vendors for delivery purposes on a daily basis.
- Ensures & verifies that quotations are regularly updated and supplier’s new current price lists are maintained (mainly storeroom/market list items).
- Checks, explains if needed and approves delivered items discrepancy report issued by cost control regarding price and quantity order variances.
- Approves all addition requests for new storeroom items, checking correct item description, unit, packing, category and establishes Min/Max estimated stock levels.
- Spot checks storeroom requests if properly maintained, verifies quantity requested and issued, proper items received by signatories & ID availability.
- Spot-checks entered system quotations, period validity, quotes locked by, etc…
- Reviews quarterly Min/Max stock levels and updates accordingly.
- Identifies items for standing orders utilizing vendors’ logistics for regular deliveries to the hotel based on approved highly consumed items.
- Ensures that FF&E forms are properly completed by concerned departments, serial numbered, quotation attached and prior management approval obtained before data being created in the system.
- Ensures that through “order pending report” function, all pending orders are checked and verified regularly, list of to be cancelled orders is prepared and sent to accounts for deletion, stating reasons (not available, wrong supplier, price variance, partial delivery, etc).
- Maintains proper filing system of all property signed contracts related to operation, follow up renewals, introduces new qualified vendors for renegotiation purposes and price verification.