Coco Collections owns and manages a variety of extraordinary hotels in the Republic of Maldives, from private islands to beautiful boutique style hotels and retreats. At the core of Coco Collection are the six brand values that are present throughout all of its brands - surprising, proactive, Individual, responsible, inspiring and timeless. Coco is where nature meets luxury and we like to think, where life meets magic.
Coco Collection hotels are vibrant and authentic and our vision is to become the region’s premier ‘luxury holiday lifestyle’ resort brand with a focus on service excellence, quality product, residential design and sustainability.
An opportunity exists for an experienced, passionate and dynamic Executive Chef to join us and lead one of our Five-Star Resorts (Coco Bodu Hithi) to success:
To be in-charge of the kitchen operations for a high demanding and dynamic Resort whose essence and soul lies in Food and fine dining. He/she shall ensure in providing the highest level of quality service to the Guest and respect the standards, policies & procedure of the organization.
Scope of Position:
The Executive Chef leads a Team of Chefs who are Culinary professionals of respective domain. He/she shall report directly to the General Manager of the Resort.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities for this position shall include, but not limited to, the following areas and activities at management discretion. Direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described.
- Maintains operating food cost percentages at agreed levels.
- Trains and develops all kitchen team members to operate to the required standards as established by the Hotel/Resort.
- Ensures all department training plans are implemented and effectively trained.
- Ensures safety and hygiene trainings with all employees in the department.
- Monitors welfare and morale of employees.
- Adheres, follows and controls hygiene, quality and sanitation in accordance to the HACCP guidelines
- Maintains discipline with all kitchen team members and follows hotel policy and procedure in all employee related matters. Liaises with Human Resources department to update all employee file information.
- Assists in preparing evaluation reports for all employees required by policy and procedures.
- Organizes manning schedule for each outlet with regard to productivity, cost and to daily forecast.
- Ensures all employees operate according to standard policy and procedure, Hotel rules and regulations.
- Monitors all cost and takes corrective action wherever required in correspondence with the General Manager.
- Supervises and monitors consistency of food standards in each restaurant, taking corrective action when required, with particular attention to:
- Dish presentation/garnish, accompaniment
- Quality of presentation & taste
- Monitors seasonal changes in supply and costs of seafood, meat, fish, vegetables, fruits, dairy products etc. and adjusts menus according to supply.
- Liaises with purchasing and receiving to monitor quality, price of all food; ordered and received.
- Conducts spot-checks at regular intervals in correspondence with the Executive Chef.
- Attends communication meetings with the Food and Beverage department.
- Monitors cleanliness and hygiene of all areas of responsibility with the Stewarding department.
- Monitors and controls all operating kitchen equipment and utensils.
- Ensures operating equipment kept in good working order.
- Keeps informed about current food developments on the market, and makes necessary adjustments to menus/presentation and service in close correspondence with the General Manager.
- Plans, implements and monitors in conjunction with the F&B Manager and Outlet Managers effective food promotions for all outlets and facilities.
- Generates reports pertaining to department function and makes any suggestions for change to management as required.
Ideal Candidates shall:
- Be a Europe Educated candidate.
- Have a background in 5 star hotels and/or luxury resorts.
- Be an existing Executive Sous Chef / Executive Chef looking for their next step or even lateral move.
- Be professional qualified specialising in hospitality and/or Hotel Management
- Have a Minimum of 3 years relevant international work experience out of his /her overall 8-10 years of culinary experience.
- A passionate Hotelier with a charismatic and flair of Guests Interaction and Engagement.
- High level of interpersonal, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Positive attitude, open minded, outgoing, energetic.
- Professional written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership skills, able to motivate, develop and inspire others. Previous experience leading a team.
- Experience working within a resort environment / remote locations highly regarded but not essential.
- Display’s emotional maturity and sensitivity when dealing with others. Remains tactful and is able to professionally relate to colleagues at all levels in the company.
- A team player and a good role model within the Management Team.
- Previous experience and a good understanding of working in a diverse, multi-cultural environment.
- Strong analytical skills, both financial and non-financial.
- Operates with integrity, confidentiality and objectivity at all times.
- The preferred candidate will have experience in maintaining and enhancing company culture and values.
- Resilient to remain self-motivated and inspire others to be fully engaged in the change process and achieve success.
- This is a great career opportunity to join an expanding group with new properties planned and further grow their career with the Business.
This position offers a Tax Free Salary in USD, Single Accommodation, Two R&R trip per year, Generous Leave Provision, Relocation Assistance, Annual Flight to Country of Origin. additional discounts in the resort. Please note that this position is only suitable for those people who are currently single or travelling on a single status basis.