Demi Chef de Partie - All Day Dining - Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa, Kuwait
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 10,000 colleagues from over 90 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa, USA and the Middle East.
Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa is a luxurious beachfront that features 317 rooms and suites, 80 serviced apartments and 12 chalets. Guests of the hotel will also have access to 8 distinguished restaurants and lounges, a Talise spa, 200 meter private beach, swimming pool and children's play area, in addition to extensive conference and banqueting facilities.About the Role
An exciting role has arisen in the All Day Dining Kitchen at Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa, Kuwait for a highly motivated and hardworking individual. The main purpose of this position is to control the section for which one responsible for, ensure the smooth running of the section and see that all areas of section maintain the hotel standards. Also, to cook any food on a daily basis according to business requirements.
Your key duties will include:
- To assist culinary team to enhance team spirit, develop credibility, respect, openness and trust.
- To have a complete understanding of, and adhere to the company’s policy on Safety Procedures and Practices.
- To have a complete understanding of, and adhere to the company’s policy relating to Food Hygiene and Safe Food Handling practices.
- To have a complete understanding of, and adhere to the Culinary standards relating to recipes, preparation methods and plating standards in your outlet.
- To liaise with the Stewarding Manager in order to ensure high standards of cleanliness are maintained in all areas of the kitchen, such as machinery, small kitchen equipment, floors and fridges.
- To ensure that operating and kitchen equipment is maintained to a good standard with minimum breakage.
- To ensure all “quality ingredients” are accurately ordered, received and stored following F.I.F.O. rotation.
- To ensure all “quality ingredients’’ are professionally prepared in accordance with recipes, plating guides, buffet set ups, with an emphasis on maximising production time and minimizing waste, to support the Culinary Team achieve its financial goals-targets.
- To develop “Chef’s Creations" which meet the needs of the target market and are in line with the operating concept for the restaurants-hotel, and will assist with the development of Personal Culinary Style.
- Any other duties as requested.
In order to be considered for this role, you:
- Should have 2 years' minimum experience in a similar role in a five-star hotel.
- Must be mature, passionate, committed, flexible and a team player to all positions.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must perform and delegate tasks to a multicultural team and to ensure a superior production and presentation of high quality.
- Must have culinary certificate and accredited education requirement.
- Able to handle multiple tasks.
- Provide great drive of passion.
- Work in a multicultural environment.
- Knowledge of the style of cuisine.
- Knowledge of HACCP as well as general health & safety in the workplace.