Commis 1 - Pastry - Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa, Kuwait
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 10,000 colleagues from over 90 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa, USA and the Middle East.
Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa is a luxurious beachfront that features 317 rooms and suites, 80 serviced apartments and 12 chalets. Guests of the hotel will also have access to 8 distinguished restaurants and lounges, a Talise spa, 200 meter private beach, swimming pool and children's play area, in addition to extensive conference and banqueting facilities.About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to assist the Executive Pastry Chef in the daily operation of the Pastry section.
- To assist colleagues, in supporting Culinary teams, if required, to enhance team spirit, develop credibility, respect, openness and trust.
- To respond to change positively, in the departmental function as dictated by the industry, company or hotel.
- To have a complete understanding of, and adhere to the company’s policy relating to Food Hygiene and Safe Food Handling practices.
- To liaise with the Stewarding Manager in order to ensure high standards of cleanliness are maintained in all areas of the kitchen such as machinery, small kitchen equipment, floors and fridges.
- To ensure any operating equipment malfunction is communicated to the Sous Chef immediately to allow for Engineering response.
- To adhere to all pre-determined set-up times and breakdowns for each meal period and event.
- To ensure all “quality ingredients” are accurately ordered, received and stored following F.I.F.O. rotation.
- To ensure all “quality ingredients’’ are professionally prepared in accordance with recipes, plating guides, buffet set ups, with an emphasis on maximising production time and minimizing waste to support the Culinary team achieve its financial goals and targets.
- To assist in the development of a safe and clean working environment.
- To take a professional interest and responsibility for the quality of incoming products, ensuring that all food merchandise is in accordance with order sheets, receiving records and purchasing specifications.
- To perform daily inspections of all walk-in refrigerators, reach ins, to ensure that proper rotation of food is adhered to prior to and upon completion of your shift.
- To assume a professional interest and responsibility for the quality of food prepared in the Kitchen and assistance to the team if required.
- To develop “Chef’s Creations" which meet the needs of the target market and are in line with the operating concept of the hotel restaurants and banquets, and will assist with the development of Personal Culinary Style.
- 2 years minimum working in a Five Star hotel.
- Solid International Culinary experience.
- Experience working in Pastry.
- Working with multi-cultural teams.
- With excellent market knowledge and with proven innovative culinary ideas.