Business Excellence Manager - Jumeirah Beach Hotel
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environment. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa the Middle East.
Jumeirah Beach Hotel, a spectacular five-star hotel, conference and banqueting destination that aspires to be the most outstanding family resort in the world. Vibrant and luxurious, Jumeirah Beach Hotel is Dubai's premier lifestyle destination, integrating exciting and exhilarating experiences designed for couples, families and friends.About the Role
This exciting opportunity has arisen in Jumeirah Beach Hotel in the Business Excellence department. The main purpose of this role is to assist the SBU management in achieving its objectives by deploying best practice business excellence processes and policies to enable HOD’s empowerment and embed continuous improvement methodologies through coaching and facilitation. This includes the setting of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and business objectives.
Main Duties will include:
- To facilitate and manage the submission to the relevant business excellence award – DQA/DQAG.
- Identify key measures in the Balanced score card that will benefit from the usage of the IMPROVE methodology.
- To schedule and oversee IMPROVE initiatives using the IMPROVE trained champions for Jumeirah Beach Hotel and drive awareness of process improvement approach among business leaders.
- Demonstrate ROI of IMPROVE with clearly linked successful initiatives being celebrated and champions being recognised within Jumeirah Beach Hotel.
- To prepare and communicate and annual calendar for Process Reviews to be carried out in a systematic manner.
- Conduct Process Reviews and ensure timely reporting.
- Use outcome of Preview to drive IMPROVE initiatives within the SBU.
- To ensure that all senior management are aware of the Balanced Scorecard (BSC) through the delivery of effective training and coaching prior to the annual objective setting and budget planning cycles.
- To assist the senior management with the development and review of the BSC including establishing KPIs, and strategic objectives during the annual budget planning cycle and drive the use of external facilitators as appropriate. To review the alignment of business objectives for each department, providing assistance in action planning and progress reviews on a monthly basis.
- To ensure analysis of customer satisfaction, customer feedback, mystery guest assessment, telephone test call and internal/external quality review results and trends is completed for monthly review with senior management.
- To facilitate business performance reviews at least every quarter with the SBU management team.
- To highlight areas of strength and areas for improvement based on analysis of key business results, assisting Managers to align these with SBU strategic objectives and departmental objectives on a monthly basis.
- To ensure the MGA report is reviewed by each department within 1 week of receipt and that action plans are aligned for identified areas for improvement.
- To review feedback reports from National Quality Awards (e.g.Dubai Quality Award) with each criteria owner within 1 month of receipt and ensure alignment of actions plans for identified areas for improvement.
- To ensure that all Managers actively seek and manage stakeholder feedback from all stakeholders (internal and external).
- To facilitate monthly discussion of stakeholder feedback and ensure the feedback is used to inform business improvement decisions.
- To ensure that all Senior Managers are familiar with Jumeirah Know how site and that all SBU documentation is approved and published.
- To train all Senior Managers on the Jumeirah Business Management System covering Management Company processes and minimum standards (global and regional).
- To conduct Business Excellence awareness training sessions with senior and middle managers and ensure that middle managers are delivering the same training with their teams annually.
- To ensure relevant senior and middle managers are proficient in the use of the following reporting tools –
- Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI)
- Mystery Guest Assessment (MGA)
- Telephone Test Calls (TTC)
- To remain up to date with the latest Quality and Business Excellence industry trends.
- To lead the Business Excellence (BE) team and ensure regular communication and assessment of team and individual objectives are monitored and discussed.
- To groom and develop SBU BE Team colleagues through effective transfer of knowledge, skills and competencies.
- To support succession planning by promoting colleagues who have successfully demonstrated the desired behaviours against each competency.
- To coordinate benchmarking trips for selected members of SBU Executive Committee (EXCOM) to identify, create and share better practices in support of continuous improvement.
- To facilitate and monitor progress of associated post benchmarking visit action plans in alignment with SBU strategic objectives.
- To facilitate sharing of best practice with other corporate entities in Dubai as appropriate within the guidelines of the Benchmarking process.
In order to be considered for this role it is essential that you graduated in Business Excellence/Quality/Business Management discipline and you are a qualified ISO 9001:2008 Lead Auditor. Minimum of 5 years experience in senior Quality Management role – service industry sector, as well as, experience of implementing quality/business excellence processes, methodologies and application in a service industry is essential for this position. Moreover you would have experience of facilitating training to senior groups of staff.
You will possess good administration, communication, time management and organizational skills, as well as the capability to multitask and strong attention to detail. You will also be a team player, your interpersonal and customer service ability will be excellent.