Duty Manager - Four Points by Sheraton, Sheikh Zayed Road
Full job details
About Marriott International.
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World. ™
About Four Points by Sheraton
Business meets pleasure. With nearly 200 Four Points hotels in more than 30 countries, travelers can find the timeless style and comfort they’re looking for with genuine service and everything that matters most, all around the world. From Santiago to Shanghai and Milan to Milwaukee, Four Points hotels can be found in big urban centers, by the airport, near the beach, and in the suburbs. A recent $1 billion invested in renovations, conversions, and new-build hotels has made the brand stronger than ever. Four Points by Sheraton, like all brands within Starwood’s portfolio, is proud to offer the Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®) program, the industry’s richest loyalty program. To learn more, visit www.spg.com. Stay connected to Four Points on facebook.com/four points.
FOUR SQUARE: https://foursquare.com/v/four-points-by-sheraton/4c162782a1010f4761024f18
Are you an energetic, guest service oriented individual who will be to accommodate the requests and needs of all?
If yes…..read on.
We are looking for an energetic individual who can assist the Front Office Manager and Assistant Front Office Manager with the daily management of the Front Desk and is not afraid of making conversations with our guests. You will use your outgoing, confident personality to build lasting relationships with our regular guests. These guests will come back to the Hotel again and again because they know “you” will be there providing exceptional service.
About the Job:
• Monitor cleanliness and repair of Lobby, Front Desk and Back Office areas.
• Ensure room’s revenue is accounted for by monitoring departures report and that staff are following correct credit procedures on day of departure and nightly credit check.
• Effectively communicate and disperses all/any relevant information via shift handover, log books, guest history, traces and by attending the regular Shift Leaders meetings.
• Ensures GSA’s have balanced their work prior to their departure and assist them where needed.
• Reports any potential credit risks immediately to Front Office Manager or Credit Manager.
• Ensures there is sufficient supply of stationary and hotel keys.
• Carries out room inspections to assist in maintaining a high standard of guest room cleanliness.
• Assist with the co-ordination of the day to day operations of the Reception Desk according to Front Office Standards and Procedures.
• Review all in-house accounts to ensure correct room rates are charged.
• Encourage selling of Hotel outlets and facilities.
• Effectively deal with guest problems and complaints immediately.
• Attend meetings as required.
• Ensure that all associates comply with the grooming and hygiene standards.
• Assist with development and performance reviews, identifying key personnel for further development.
• Assist with the implementation and maintenance of training systems to ensure that associates have the necessary framework and skills to perform their job efficiently and effectively.
• Prepare work schedules and annual leave schedules within budget, business expectations and guidelines of the appropriate industrial legislation.
• Participate in the selection and appointment of new associates within the department.
• To ensure CID and Tourism Dirham system is updated with all arrivals and departures
• Improve on Star Voice Engagement index and Supervisor Effectiveness index by implementation and completion of Star Voice action plans
• Act as Welcome Ambassador as Arrival Experience
• Meet & greet all VIP arrivals and escort to their room
• Meet & greet all VIP departures as well as Service Recovery Guest
• Preferred Guest program to GSA’s and guests to ensure enrolment target is achieved.
• Spot check to achieve PCI compliance in all Rooms related areas. Continue usage of Star Guest as the major guest information tool.
• Continue usage of Star Guest as the major guest information tool.
• Support and mentor FO Supervisor
• Achieve GEI Improvement in Rooms Direct Impact Areas; Warm & friendly welcome during check-in, The Front Desk Staff being helpful, Problem Resolution during the Stay
• Be the driving force behind Star PUSH
• Ensure to have full control and training on evacuation, fire or any other crises situation
• Be an expert on crises management
• Achieve property Quality Assurance goals – LRA
• Ensure Master Arrival Report is utilized daily to deliver expectations and personalize experiences align with GPS.
• Conduct regular staff meetings/briefings to keep all associates informed.
• Ensure compliance with legislated health and safety requirements within the workplace.
• Comply with all Corporate and Hotel Standards and Procedures.
• Actively promote a work environment, which cares for guests and associates alike.
You must be fluent in the English language, both written and verbally.
You must have work with Opera System.
Bachelor Degree and additional education in the Hospitality Industry is preferred.
Previous front office experience of at least 3 years with a minimum of 1 year experience in the position of Shift Leader, Supervisor or the Duty Manager in the Hospitality Industry preferably in the Middle East or within Starwood properties.
Ability to meet targets and foster business is a must.
Strong leadership skills and committed to the development of your team.
Should have upselling / revenue driving skills.
Ability to work under pressure