Southern Sun Hotel Abu Dhabi opened in early 2014, situated in the heart of Abu Dhabi, a 4 star deluxe hotel it attracts both business and leisure travellers. With 353 rooms including 38 one bedroom and 3 royal suites it offers comfortable and high-quality facilities. With a diverse F&B offering including The Foundry our award winning steak restaurant, Shisha on the Terrace or an Arabic delight in Kahrahman,or a roof top gym and pool deck with impressive views across the city and the gulf..
We are now recruiting for colleagues to join our growing team.
As part of the application process you are required to answer a number of screening questions, please ensure to answer these questions honestly and accurately, failure to do so may result in your application being rejected.
If you are passionate, driven, customer focused with an eye for detail, result orientated and a team player – then you could be just the right person for us!
All applications received will primarily be assessed against the position applied for, if unsuccessful at that stage they will be then considered for any other suitable roles within Southern Sun Abu Dhabi, please refrain from making multiple submissions
Brief Overview of the position:
- To provide courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service at all times, following the hotels Standards of Performance.
- To perform all duties and tasks in the assigned Place of Work to the standard set.
- To attend to all guests who approach the Front Desk with a smile.
- To update promptly (within one hour from guest arrival or departure) all guest information in the Front Office on line system (check in and check out)
- To follow the Front Office procedures linked to the hotel Front Office system
- To ensure that guest history records are accurately maintained and all recurring guests are pre-registered, including input of guest questionnaires, response and comments in the system under guest profile.
- To inform promptly the GSA Sup or AFOM whenever there are issues either with the system or with the data collected by the reception team.
- To follow up with guest and Front office team if the data given for the in house guests are not correct
- To ensure that the system is always updated at the beginning and during every shift (AM, PM and night)
- To be in-charge of filing all guest data after update in the Front Office system
- To handle all internal inquiries over the phone.
- To read log book and follow-up when necessary
- To be aware of the proper usage of front office terminology
- To assist the FO department in administrative tasks whenever requested and assigned (booking and ticket confirmation, typing and correspondence, copies and faxes, )
- To keep the Front Office system log book updated
- To adhere to the telephone procedure of handling calls and apply it to daily operation
- To be fully conversant with all services, activities, facilities and F&B Promotions offered by the hotel
- To hand over the pending points for the next shift for proper follow up and action.
- To perform opening and closing procedures established for the Place of Work as assigned.
- To have a thorough understanding and knowledge of all Rooms related services and products and the ability to up-sell alternatives.
- To be conversant and fully knowledgeable of OPERA system as per the scope of work
- To be well conversant of the local environment of the hotel: the city, culture, activities, exhibitions, shopping malls, and general information around the hotel.
- To be flexible in supporting other colleagues needs in other Divisions or sister properties based on the hotel priorities and anticipated business levels.
- To be aware with the policies and procedures concerning fire, emergency evacuation, accidents, bomb threats, law and order situations.
- To establish a rapport with guests maintaining good customer relationship and handle all guest complaints, requests and enquiries on Front Offices service.
- To handle guest enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints or problems to supervisors if no immediate solution can be found and assure follow up with guests.
- To maintain regular contact with long stay and suite guests so as to ensure their stay is an enjoyable one, report guests feedback to immediate supervisor.
- To ensure that the guests are offered the highest level of personalized service at all times.
- Never say no to the guest without offering an alternative solution.
- To personally and frequently verify that guests check-in / out are receiving the best possible service.
- To constantly strive to assist all guests that she/he may come in contact with during her/his work hours.
- To ensure that all services in the front office are always available and are carried out with utmost efficiency and courtesy as per the Departmental Operations Manual.
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag at all times as per the grooming standards.
- To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- To maintain a good rapport and working relationship with staff in the Place of Work and all other departments.
- To provide a courteous and professional service at all times