Switchboard Operators/Call Cente Agents
Southern Sun Hotel Abu Dhabi opened in early 2014, situated in the heart of Abu Dhabi, a 4 star deluxe hotel it attracts both business and leisure travellers. With 353 rooms including 38 one bedroom and 3 royal suites it offers comfortable and high-quality facilities. With a diverse F&B offering including The Foundry our award winning steak restaurant, Shisha on the Terrace or an Arabic delight in Kahrahman,or a roof top gym and pool deck with impressive views across the city and the gulf..
We are now recruiting for colleagues to join our growing team.
As part of the application process you are required to answer a number of screening questions, please ensure to answer these questions honestly and accurately, failure to do so may result in your application being rejected.
If you are passionate, driven, customer focused with an eye for detail, result orientated and a team player – then you could be just the right person for us!
All applications received will primarily be assessed against the position applied for, if unsuccessful at that stage they will be then considered for any other suitable roles within Southern Sun Abu Dhabi, please refrain from making multiple submissions
Previous experience in a similar position in a 4 or 5* property in the UAE.
Fluency in English is Essential; written, spoken and reading.
Experience in Fidelio systems or similar.
Brief Overview of the position:
- To provide courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service at all times, following the hotels Standards of Performance.
- To perform all duties and tasks in the assigned Place of Work to the standard set.
- To attend daily briefing conducted by FOM or AFOM before the start of every shift.
- To attend to all guests who approach the Front Desk with a smile.
- To adhere to the telephone procedure of handling calls and apply it to daily operation
- To be fully conversant with all services, activities, facilities and F&B Promotions offered by the hotel and recommend to the guests.
- To hand over the pending points for the next shift for proper follow up and action.
- To perform opening and closing procedures established for the Place of Work as assigned.
- To ensure that the Front Office Manager (in his absence, the Asst. Front Office Manager) signs all rebates and paid outs vouchers. They should be clearly explained and supported.
- To have a thorough understanding and knowledge of all rooms related services and products and the ability to up-sell alternatives.
- To monitor operating supplies and reduce spoilage and wastage.
- To ensure that guest history records are accurately maintained and all recurring guests are pre-registered, including input of guest questionnaires, response and comments in the system under guest profile.
- To be aware of the rooms situation, including room rates, and strive to obtain maximum occupancy
- To be able to explain and show the guests all the facilities in the room.
- To ensure that all departmental reports and correspondence are completed punctually and accurately
- To be well conversant of the local environment of the hotel: the city, culture, activities, exhibitions, shopping malls, and general information around the hotel.
- To provide wake-up calls as requested by the guests.
- To ensure that the telephone, e-mail, fax and safe deposit services are available for the guest.
- To ensure immediate delivery of any messages received for the guest.
- To assist the Assistant Front Office Manager for any police reports.
- To take-in room reservations (walk-in only) for the hotel.
- To register check-in and departures of all individuals and groups.
- To check the remaining departures and make sure that the corresponding bills are ready and correct with the supporting documentary proof.
- To liaise with all other departments for all Guest related matters.
- To be conversant and fully knowledgeable of OPERA system as per the scope of work
- To be flexible in supporting other colleagues needs in other departments based on the hotel priorities and anticipated business levels.
- To be aware with the policies and procedures concerning fire, emergency evacuation, accidents, bomb threats, law and order situations.
- To provide high standard of service for handling incoming groups, VIP and FIT guests.
- To ensure that all daily arrival guests rooms, special request rooms, long stay guest rooms and late arrivals are blocked in advance and accordingly
- To ensure that all V.I.P. / Long Stay are met on arrival by the Guest Relations Officer
- To ensure that all rooms are pre-blocked accordingly to arrival time and housekeeping is informed in coordination with Guest Relation Desk and special requirements by the guests are met.
- To establish a rapport with guests maintaining good customer relationship and handle all guest complaints, requests and enquiries on Front Offices service.
- To meet, greet and escort all guests to their rooms upon check-in to the hotel.
- To handle guest enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints or problems to supervisors if no immediate solution can be found and assure follow up with guests.
- To maintain regular contact with long stay and suite guests so as to ensure their stay is an enjoyable one, report guests feedback to immediate supervisor.
- To ensure that the guests are offered the highest level of personalized service at all times.
- To actively participate in administrating the guest recognition and guest retention programs, in liaison with Front Office Manager.
- Never say no to the guest without offering an alternative solution.
- To personally and frequently verify that guests check-in / out are receiving the best possible service.
- To constantly strive to assist all guests that she/he may come in contact with during her/his work hours.