Southern Sun Hotel Abu Dhabi opened in early 2014, situated in the heart of Abu Dhabi, a 4 star deluxe hotel it attracts both business and leisure travellers. With 353 rooms including 38 one bedroom and 3 royal suites it offers comfortable and high-quality facilities. With a diverse F&B offering including The Foundry our award winning steak restaurant, Shisha on the Terrace or an Arabic delight in Kahrahman,or a roof top gym and pool deck with impressive views across the city and the gulf.
We are now recruiting for colleagues to join our growing team for a new adventure.
If you are passionate, driven, customer focused with an eye for detail, result orientated and a team player – then you could be just the right person for us!
As part of the application process you are required to answer a number of screening questions, please ensure to answer these questions honestly and accurately, failure to do so may result in your application being rejected.
All applications received will primarily be assessed against the position applied for, if unsuccessful at that stage they will be then considered for any other suitable roles within Southern Sun Abu Dhabi, please refrain from making multiple submissions
Previous experience in a similar position in a 4 or 5* property in the UAE.
Fluency in English is essential; written, spoken and reading.
For this position we are only able to recruit from Europe, Africa, Australia etc.
Experience in Micros Fidelio systems or similar.
Brief Overview of the position:
- To provide a courteous, professional, efficient, and flexible service at all times, following the hotels Standards of Performance.
- To perform all duties and tasks in the assigned Place of Work (see attached Master Task List) to the standard set. Please note that Master Task Lists are reviewed and changed on a regular basis reflecting change in trends, guest expectations and operating philosophies.
- To be entirely flexible and adapt to rotate within the different sub-departments of the Food & Beverage Division or any other Department of the hotel as assigned.
- To perform all duties and tasks when rotated and assigned to another Department as per Master Task List for that Department
- To ensure that health, hygiene and safety regulations are complied with and applied in the department in compliance with HACCP standards and procedures..
- To perform opening and closing procedures established for the Place of Work as assigned.
- To be fully conversant with all services and facilities offered by the hotel.
- To make table reservations and thereby effectively control and maximize the flow of guests.
- To assist in the operation and service, as and if required.
- To maintain and update the restaurant guest history records.
- To maintain a legible and up-to-date reservation book.
- To type and co-ordinate the printing of all restaurant menus for the Outlet/Restaurant Managers.
- To be knowledgeable of municipality policies and regulations when it comes to food handling.
- To ensure that the Place of Work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times.
- To be familiar with the policies and procedures concerning fire, emergency evacuation, accidents, bomb threats, law and order situations.