Southern Sun Hotel Abu Dhabi opened in early 2014, situated in the heart of Abu Dhabi, a 4 star deluxe hotel it attracts both business and leisure travellers. With 353 rooms including 38 one bedroom and 3 royal suites it offers comfortable and high-quality facilities. With a diverse F&B offering including The Foundry our award winning steak restaurant, Shisha on the Terrace or an Arabic delight in Kahrahman,or a roof top gym and pool deck with impressive views across the city and the gulf.
We are now recruiting for colleagues to join our growing team for a new adventure.
If you are passionate, driven, customer focused with an eye for detail, result orientated and a team player – then you could be just the right person for us!
As part of the application process you are required to answer a number of screening questions, please ensure to answer these questions honestly and accurately, failure to do so may result in your application being rejected.
All applications received will primarily be assessed against the position applied for, if unsuccessful at that stage they will be then considered for any other suitable roles within Southern Sun Abu Dhabi, please refrain from making multiple submissions
Previous experience in a similar position in a 4 or 5* property in the UAE.
Fluency English is desirable; written, spoken and reading.
Experience in Micros Fidelio systems or similar.
Brief Overview of the position:
- To provide a courteous, professional, efficient, and flexible service at all times, following the hotels Standards of Performance.
- To perform all duties and tasks in the assigned Place of Work to the standard set. Please note that tasks are reviewed and changed on a regular basis reflecting change in trends, guest expectations and operating philosophies.
- To be entirely flexible and adapt to rotate within the different sub-departments of the Food & Beverage Division or any other Department of the hotel as assigned.
- To perform all duties and tasks when rotated and assigned to another Department
- To ensure that health, hygiene and safety regulations are complied with and applied in the department in compliance with HACCP standards and procedures..
- To be responsible for the food hygiene and safety of the outlet by ensuring that all equipments are working properly and are trained to work safely with it.
- To perform opening and closing procedures established for the Place of Work as assigned.
- To ensure that the par stocks for all operating equipment and supplies are strictly adhered to and that the outlet is adequately equipped. To keep food & beverage consumables to par level, ordering and rotating.
- To assist in conducting monthly inventory checks on all operating equipment and supplies.
- To assist in controlling the requisitioning, storage and careful use of all operating supplies and equipment (OS&E).
- To clean and polish glassware, chinaware, hollowware and flatware.
- To be knowledgeable of municipality policies and regulations when it comes to food handling.
- To be fully conversant with all services and facilities offered by the hotel.
- To ensure that the Place of Work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times by keeping the glasses clean and the bar area orderly; to clean and polish glassware, chinaware, hollowware, and flatware; cleans all spillage during service time and closing; cleans soiled glass and wipes all;
- To set up tables and bars in accordance to food & beverage standards.
- To be familiar with the policies and procedures concerning fire, emergency evacuation, accidents, bomb threats, law and order situations.
- To monitor operating supplies by maintaining and controlling established food & beverage par stock and operating supplies to ensure smooth operation and to reduce spoilage and wastage.
- To explain the discrepancies in the potential food & beverage cost satisfactorily.
- To have a thorough understanding and knowledge of all food and beverage items in the menu and the ability to recommend food & beverage combinations and up-sell alternatives
- To prepare and serve food & beverage orders and provide a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service at all times, following the hotels Standards of Performance.
- To follow correct sequence of service outlined in the Standard Operating Manual.
- To continuously learn on customer service, changing menu item, specials and prices.
- To be fluent in operation of MICROS POS system, as assigned.
- To handle money and guest charges accurately.
- To greet guests with smile on appropriate verbal greeting (based on the time of the day) and to use guest’s name whenever possible or alternatively Sir or Madam, as appropriate.
- To handle guest enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints or problems to supervisors if no immediate solution can be founded and to assure follow up with guests.
- To be demanding and critical when it comes to service standards.
- To ensure that the outlet team projects a warm, professional and welcome image.
- To establish a rapport with guests, maintaining good customer relationship
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag at all times.
- To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- To maintain a good rapport and working relationship with staff in the outlet and all other departments.
- To project at all times a positive and motivated attitude and exercise self control
- To provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
- To participate in daily briefings and monthly communication meetings to discuss various aspects of food service and preparation.
- To attend Departmental training for all team members, especially for the new comers, paying particular attention to courtesy, efficiency, service standards, grooming, diplomacy and job knowledge.
- To attend and contribute to all staff meetings Departmental and Hotel trainings scheduled and other related activities.
- To report “Lost & Found” items, in accordance to the hotels policies and procedures and to local legislation in handling lost & found items
- To respond to any changes in the restaurant function as dictated by the hotel.
- To strictly adhere to departmental SOPs.