Senior Chef de Cuisine
Full job details
Sofitel Dubai Downtown sets a new standard for urban sophistication and refined luxury with a Magnifique commitment to service and French elegance. Its 31 floors of artfully designed rooms and suites, chic restaurants, trendy bars and infinity pool terrace boast spectacular views over the Dubai skyline.
The SR Chef de Cuisine supports the Executive Chef in implementing and maintaining Kitchen Production standards which are cost effective and tailored to meet changing guest eating trends.
You must be intimately familiar with all the activities involved in kitchen operations and be prepared to step in and cover all eventualities if called upon.
The SR Chef de cuisine is responsible for inspiring and empowering employees in his kitchen to provide efficient, superior food and service to guests.
To guarantee success in this function, the ideal candidate must have a solid understanding of hospitality kitchen a la carte product, banquet product, and buffet product, must have also a very good understanding on costing.
Main Job responsibilities:
• Creation of the menu from start to main course in co-operation with the executive Chef
• Managing the kitchen staff including training
• Ordering to the Hotel store and maintain his food cost in regards of the fixed budget
• Instituting specific standards of quality and plating methods
• Performing cost analysis of every item order, man hours and creating a cost for customers
• Making sure that every order is executed correctly and uniformly
• Checking quality control of deliveries
• Serving as the leader of the kitchen staff by boosting morale and keeping things in check
• Handling all staffing issues quickly, report it to the executive chef
• Enforcing health and sanitization standards for the kitchen in co-operation with the hygiene manager
• Personally handling complaints by customers quickly and efficiently, report it to the executive chef
• Charged with all administrative duties of his kitchen
• Ensuring that the executive chef is aware of changes or problems
• Stepping in and helping cook when short-staffed or special events
• Creating recipes that can be quickly and efficiently made by kitchen staff
• Monitoring the training of staff
• Demonstrates proper use of equipment and cooking techniques
• Involved in watching for latest culinary
• Management Competencies
• Driving for results – Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility for work objectives; initiating, focusing and monitoring the efforts of self and/or other toward the accomplishment goals; proactively taking action and going beyond what is required
• Building and contributing to Teams – Leading and participating as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goal while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
We are looking to appoint a SR Chef de Cuisine for the stunning 5* Sofitel Dubai Downtown who thrives in a high pressured and rewarding team environment and is looking for a career with a hospitality leader.
Due to role requirements, the candidate must have the following profile:
- Previous extensive experience as Chef de Cuisine in five star hotel
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to handle high volume a la carte kitchen cooking, high volume catering/banquet production and expediting of food during peak periods of business
- Possess advanced skill level in hands–on training of staff
- Must be computer literate and possess strong administration skills
Only selected candidates will be contacted.