Duties and Responsibilities
- Project courtesy, hospitality and professional behaviour across your department at all times with guests and fellow colleagues.
- Welcome guests upon arrival with courtesy and professionalism.
- Seat guests appropriately and offer menus where appropriate.
- Assist with coat check items.
- Answer questions related to menu offerings and preparation methods.
- Maximise revenue potential through the upselling of menu items.
- Process orders according to guest request through the POS according to established standards and procedures.
- Prepare select beverage orders according to established standards and procedures.
- Prepare table settings according to established standards and procedures.
- Ensure all orders are delivered according to established standards and procedures.
- Reset tables for service throughout a meal period.
- Prepare and present bills according to established standards and procedures.
- Setup and deliver Room Service orders as required.
- Be the first line of defence to handle guest queries and resolve issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Monitor guest feedback and make recommendations for improvements or new products or services to meet guest needs.
- Be available to address issues and make corrections with regard to charge disputes and discrepancies when required.
- Handle the billing process efficiently and courteously according to established standards and procedures including the adherence to all credit and accounting procedures.
- Carefully manage the cash float according to established standards and procedures.
- Ensure the front of house areas of the Outlet is always clean, organised and presentable.
- Set up and break down the Outlet as required.
- Assist with general cleaning.
- Assist with inventory taking as required.
- Maintain a complete understanding of the Employee Handbook and adhere to regulations contained therein.
- Maintain a complete understanding of the Hotel’s policy relating to fire, safety and health, and ensure all precautions are taken to safeguard against incidents for areas under your supervision.
- Perform other assignments to meet business needs as directed by your superiors.
- Team player.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to multi-task and prioritise tasks consistent with business objectives.
- Computer literate with knowledge of POS, industry related software desired.
- Must be fluent in English and local language.
- Strong sales skills.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND EDUCATION
- Minimum of 1-year experience in the same position or strong track record as a busser and/or runner in a restaurant for at least 2-years.
- Hotel experience desired.