Director of Mice Sales
Our client a large city centre 5 star hotel with extensive Meeting and Event facilities require a Director of Mice Sales. The position, which is the number two role within the Sales & Marketing department, is a senior appointment since MICE Sales represent a large percentage of the hotel’s overall business. Candidates should previously have held a similar role within a large M&E focused hotel. The successful candidate will:
- Responsible for growing and maintaining share of MICE business to exploit the full potential of working, buying and market platform.
- Produces, implements and monitors action plans in order to ensure revenue budget objectives are achieved
- Analyses current and potential markets/trends, coordinates all activities to maintain and to increase revenue through added business volume and increased rate
- Maintains contacts with DMC’s and event planners, through personal sales calls, telephone contacts and written communications
- Implements all sales action plans related to meetings & events area for the hotel and other Czech Republic properties
- Attends major travel functions (i.e. trade shows, associations) under the direct approval of the Director of Sales and Marketing that deal specifically with MICE area.
- Plans Sales trips under the direct approval of the Director of Sales and Marketing, calling on accounts within his/her specific marketing area.
- Entertains the client, prepares and leads site-inspections and stay-overs in co-ordination with the M&E Sales / Operation team as per procedures and standards
- Reports to the Director of Sales and Marketing on potential markets needing coverage.
- Creates and maintains an efficient system for MICE Clients database, weekly reporting structures in Opera Sales & Catering.
- Promotes hotel and produces Sales leads.
- Manages and leads the Sales Manager – MICE
- Is responsible for On the job training within his/her department
An excellent salary and benefits are on offer for this demanding role with great opportunities for career development within this high profile group.