- Analyses and optimize existing bakery recipes
- Develops and defines techniques and recipes with the Executive Pastry Chef to produce and standardize all the bread products of CERS
- Tests and defines the best recipe possible for each type of bread. Create precise recipe and technical data sheet taking into consideration the products, the material, the climate and the cost
- Directly in charge of special breads for Cyann signature cuisine restaurant and bread for all VIP functions
- Trains the bakery team once the recipe has been approved by Executive Pastry Chef and Executive Chef
- Ensures optimization of products and preparations produced in bakery, along with head baker
- Ensures that wastage is limited to the minimum and that levels of productions are suitable with the needs of the operation
- Acts as expert of bread in the resort
- Trains bakery staff with approved recipes
- May be asked to perform training and development of bread products in other resorts of the group, in Seychelles or abroad
- Works in a very close relationship with head baker
- Once recipe has been approved and training conducted, follows-up on the application of same and the quality of the products. Rectifies when needed, and report major non-conformances to Executive Pastry Chef
- Behave at all time as per the principle of CHE core values.
- Ensures that the bakery is complying with the safety and security rules of the resort and the country.
- Ensures that all ovens and pastry machines are used according to procedure and are handled with maximum safety and security