Guest Services Executive, Front Desk (Female Only) - Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa, Kuwait
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 10,000 colleagues from over 90 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa, USA and the Middle East.
Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa is a luxurious beachfront that features 317 rooms and suites, 80 serviced apartments and 12 chalets. Guests of the hotel will also have access to 8 distinguished restaurants and lounges, a Talise spa, 200 meter private beach, swimming pool and children's play area, in addition to extensive conference and banqueting facilities.About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Guest Services Executive to join the Rooms Division team at Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa, Kuwait. The main purpose of this role is to be the main point of contact for the guests upon arrival until their departure and to handle all enquiries throughout their stay in a friendly and effective manner always striving to exceed expectations.
Main duties will include the following:
- Give a warm welcome to guests on arrival and register them as well as issuing room keys in the appropriate welcome booklet.
- Take payment from guests on departure and close their bills correctly.
- Be efficient in assisting guests throughout their stay with any requirements.
- Ensures that the Guest Services desk is manned, operationally prepared and stocked at all times.
- Maintains the privacy of all guests by ensuring that no details of the guests are disclosed to anybody.
- Update all information given by guests on the Registration Card on check-in into the system making sure that all required information has been provided.
- Logs and keeps the immediate supervisor fully informed of all challenges, negative feedbacks or unusual matters of significance.
- Identify and anticipate guest's needs and assist in any possible way.
- Check and action traces in Opera on arrival and departure as well as setting traces sensibly at all times.
- Assist Guest Relations with escorting guests to their rooms on arrival, explaining all the features and facilities.
- Close their individual cashier audit at the end of each shift ensuring that all details balance.
- Maintain their cash float, take full responsibility for it ensuring that it is balanced at all times.
- Perform any related duties and special projects as requested by the Front Office Manager/Assistant Front Office Manager/Team Leader.
- Adhere to Jumeirah International's Guiding Principles and Hallmarks.
In order to be considered for this role you will have at least two years of working experience in a similar role in a luxury five star hotel environment.
You will have excellent written and spoken English. Your experience in handling guests requests, and exceeding their expectations would be regarded as essessntial.
Your working knowledge of OPERA system, and multi lingual would be an advantage.