Door Attendant - Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa, Kuwait
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 10,000 colleagues from over 90 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa, USA and the Middle East.
Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa is a luxurious beachfront development that will feature 317 rooms and suites, 80 serviced apartments and 12 chalets. Guests of the hotel will also have access to 10 distinguished restaurants and lounges, a Talise spa, 200 meter private beach, swimming pool and children's play area, in addition to extensive conference and banqueting facilities.About the Role
An exciting position has arisen for a Door Attendant to join us in Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa, Kuwait. The main purpose of this role is to assist the Team Leader and Guest Service Executives, ensuring that all guest luggage, mails, deliveries, faxes are delivered in a timely, professional and efficient manner, by following the department’s processes, as well as ensuring that they are handled responsibly and with care.
Your duties will include:
- Always have a smiling, helpful and friendly attitude towards colleagues and guests alike and provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
- Assist guests with loading & unloading of luggage as well as delivering it to and collecting it from the guest’s room ensuring that no damage is being done to any piece of luggage.
- To transport the guest's luggage to his/her room in an efficient and courteous manner ensuring no damage is caused to the luggage or contents.
- Store guest's luggage according to the hotel's SOPs.
- Assist guests with directions within the hotel (i.e. guide them to their room, a restaurant etc.).
- Deliver any faxes, messages, parcels, mail, newspapers, etc. to guest rooms in a timely manner and always verifying the guest’s name and room number.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge about the facilities and services as well as Kuwait and other Jumeirah International properties to be equipped to answer guest enquiries and questions.
- Actively use the Jumeirah Hallmarks and Guiding Principles in every day tasks.
- Be aware of and follow all relevant SOPs and Jumeirah Policies & Procedures.
- Act as a sales person of all Jumeirah properties and products.
- Perform any related duties as requested by the Team Leader or Manager.
In order to be considered for this position, you must have at least 1 year experience in a similar position or completed cross training. Previous concierge/guest relations experience in hospitality industry is desirable. At least High school graduate or equivalent with high level of verbal and written English. Opera experience is an added advantage.