Finance Assistant, Stores & Receiving, Madinat Jumeirah
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Madinat Jumeirah – The Arabian Resort of Dubai is a magnificent tribute to Dubai’s heritage with two grand boutique hotels, Arabian summer houses, the exclusive Malakiya Villas, over 40 world-class restaurants and bars, a traditional souk, 3km of waterways with abras, the region's leading conference and banqueting centre, 2km of private beach, the award-winning Talise Spa, and the superlative Talise Fitness health club.
About the role
An opportunity has arisen in Accounting and Finance as a Finance Assistant in Store and Receiving section for a highly motivated and hard working individual. The purposes of this position is to be responsible for receiving all goods and storage ensures that all these goods correspond with the Purchase Order or related document and issue of all items as per the policy and time.
- Receive all Food, Beverage and other goods according to the standards operating procedures and to post this into the system on a daily basis
- Check all the deliveries for quantity, quality, price, and expiry dates & country of origin for Food &/or Beverage items
- Maintain levels of Hygiene in the Receiving bay and surrounding areas as per the standards of the Jumeirah Health & Hygiene department and Dubai Municipality
- Maintain a record of all short expiry items in store and to advice the Store Manager accordingly
- Ensure that the suppliers’ vehicles are set to the correct temperatures, that a record is kept of this & to advise the Purchasing Dept. of any discrepancies
- Notify the relevant departments about the receipt of goods for them to collect and sign for all goods from the receiving area
- Pass on all invoices with backup documents to Cost Control department for verification and send to Accounts Payable Clerk on a daily basis
- Issue the items to different departments on receipt of an approved store request and using control procedure and standards following the policy of FIFO basis
- Prepare non-moving and slow moving item list and bring in to the attention of the Store Manager
- Make purchase request for items to maintain stock levels between minimum and maximum stock level
- Issue the store items as per the approved requisition to the departments
In order to be considered for this role you must have a university degree or diploma in finance and at least 1 Year experience in a store and receiving section . You must able to communicate effectively in English. You will be computer literate ( Excel, Word) and a team player. You will approaching new tasks enthusiastically, thinks for self and takes responsibility for his /her actions, easily establishes and develops or maintains effective relationships