Area Director of Sales/Business Excellence
This is a great opportunity for a dynamic, organised and empowering Director to join the corporate office team in a newly revised senior position.
The successful person will work closely in an overarching consultative way with on-property sales teams in order to align the sales and business processes according to company guidelines. This will involve extensive travel to hotels outside of the UAE and will involve giving guidance and direction, supervising audits, managing “need” situations and on-going team support and development.
As such, we are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Whilst Arabic could be advantageous, it is not essential.
- Experience of working in the GCC market, either having lived in at least one of the countries and/or through active and ongoing sales and business development activities. Will have worked outside their home country.
- Ideally whilst they will have come from a solid sales background. this would suit someone who has already transferred into a strategic, sales/business efficiency focused role where they have been involved in rolling out and supporting the implementation of SOP’s and sales strategies. However, the company will also consider those in a key cluster/area role who has worked with such systems and understands the elements of this position.
- Able to demonstrate the competency to interact with the on-property sales team, as well as communicating with the revenue and general management as appropriate. It is preferable that they will have managed a team of people for at least 4 years. Whilst there aren’t any direct reports in this position, given the interaction at all levels, it is vital that the Area DOS will be competent in working alongside and directing senior people within the region.
- Capable of working within a multi-branded organisation and balance sales focus appropriately.
- Will be working in currently or have had recent experience of working in a global hotel organisation
- Involvement in setting and implementing agreed strategies and budgets at multi-unit level
- Ensuring that all sales and marketing activities support the brand identity and optimisation of business
- Demonstrating both local and international analytical awareness regarding shifts in market/booking trends, geo-political situations etc that could/will affect the hotels in the region
- Excellent commercial skills, understands revenue, distribution channels and ongoing impact of changing booking patterns
- Maintain a hands-on approach at all times, to support the team
- Demonstrates a stable career growth, commitment and loyalty. This is not a job for job hoppers.
- Willing and capable to travel extensively as required
Frustrating as we know it is, to not hear back from us, please note that due to the specific requirements of this role, we will only personally respond to candidates who meet the above criteria.
For further information, please contact Vanessa Angelo-Thomson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If already registered with HOCAPS, it is not necessary to send a CV unless it is needs to be updated from our last contact with you. It may be easier to just send an email expressing your interest. However, if you have not registered with HOCAPS, please send a full CV in Word or PDF format. For international assignments, it is essential that we also receive a business style photograph. We always require three referees with email contact details, in order to progress with any suitable candidates.
At HOCAPS we believe that your efforts in preparing a CV should be directly viewed by potential employers. The decisions you make concerning style and content are an important aid to selection. Please visit our website: www.hocaps.com and click on CV Guide should you require assistance in the formatting of your CV.