Accountant (Income Auditor) - Four Points by Sheraton, Complex
Full job details
About Marriott International.
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World. ™
About Four Points by Sheraton
Business meets pleasure. With nearly 200 Four Points hotels in more than 30 countries, travelers can find the timeless style and comfort they’re looking for with genuine service and everything that matters most, all around the world. From Santiago to Shanghai and Milan to Milwaukee, Four Points hotels can be found in big urban centers, by the airport, near the beach, and in the suburbs. A recent $1 billion invested in renovations, conversions, and new-build hotels has made the brand stronger than ever. Four Points by Sheraton, like all brands within Starwood’s portfolio, is proud to offer the Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®) program, the industry’s richest loyalty program. To learn more, visit www.spg.com. Stay connected to Four Points on facebook.com/four points.
FOUR SQUARE: https://foursquare.com/v/four-points-by-sheraton/4c162782a1010f4761024f18
Do you dream about numbers, Income audit and financial data?
If yes…..read on.
We are looking for a proactive Accountant with a strong focus to ensure the efficient running of the Accounts department through proper co-ordination and following company policies and procedures. Responsible for auditing the Night Auditor’s report, daily food & beverage revenue report and the general cashier’s report.
About the Job:
• Prepares Daily Report of Operations.
• Reviews Preliminary Revenue Report prepared by the Night Auditor.
• Audits Night Auditor’s Reports and F&B Revenue Reports seeing to it that all transactions are properly supported and reconciled.
• Audits the General Cashier’s Report and computes averages/shortages of cashiers.
• Checks deposit slips against total collections per General Cashier’s report.
• Conducts physical count of all house funds at least once a month and reports any discrepancies to Assistant Financial Controller.
• Performs other duties as may be assigned.
• To review the General Cashier Report with the daily witness sheet & cashier envelope.
• To ensure that daily collections are deposited on same day at the bank.
• To make sure that all cashiers over and short are reconciled daily and reported to controller for abnormal cases.
• To attend the General Cashier House find inventory on monthly basis.
• To maintain proper file for house funds inventory taken is over 75%.
• To prepare SAP report on daily basis and to make sure that the end of month balances of SAP agrees to the FRS (CURRENT MONTH/Budget and last year).
• To prepare SPG transaction in terms of eligible and ineligible charges on daily basis, rejected transactions are handled and proper file is maintained.
• To ensure that Travel Agents commissions are prepared on weekly basis and complaints are handled ASAP.
• To ensure that hotel guest ledger are verified and reported to Controller on timely basis.
• To check and submit housekeeping discrepancy report on timely basis.
• To maintain control over cash receipts and all sales vouchers, and report to controller in case of any missing.
• To ensure that cash receipts are handed over against signature and a proper list is maintained.
• To spot check and initial/ F&B checks, missing report on timely basis.
• To make sure that guaranteed no show list is prepared and handed over to A/R on daily basis.
• To spot check safe deposit boxes inventory and report to controller in case of missing keys and / or boxes on hold
• To reconcile safe deposit box account to ensure that all occupied boxes accompanies a form signed by the guest.
• To check safe deposit box record i.e. (authorized signature, GSA, time and date)
• To ensure that services on banquet sheet are properly charged and applicable taxes spoiled
• To compare banquet checks against of meals served
• To make sure that all taxes are reconciled and paid in time
• To post rebates on weekly basis after approval of the Controller and GM and to keep it in a proper file
• To check rebate voucher to ensure that distribution of amount is made properly
• To ensure that all new check in guests room rates are reviewed and discrepancies reported to Controller
• To ensure that the complimentary rooms are covered and supported by authorized forms on daily basis
• To spot check and initial log book of handing F&B blank checks to F&B outlets
• To spot check laundry shop and balance with F.O folio at least once per month.
• To review all City Ledger and C.Card i.e. CC slips, covering letters / TVL AGENTS VOUCHERS
• To check the adjustment voucher, paid outs, cash refunds and business faxes on daily basis and should be approved by Controller
• To review daily late check-out
• To check. if Micros report compared Front Office system report is matching with total checks
• To check Front Office and Health Club incentives and prepare it on due dates
• To cross check the Void and Discount report based on the outlet wise, signed and approved by the management concerning.
You must be fluent in the English language, both written and verbally.
Bachelor Degree in Finance is preferred.
Previous Finance experience of at least 3 years in different areas of finances i.e. Income Auditor in the Hospitality Industry preferably in the Middle East or within Marriott properties. Preferably familiar with ADACO, HITS, OPERA and Vision.
Preferably familiar with SAP and knowledge or ability to do month end process.
Positive and outgoing attitude.
You will need to be versatile, flexible and diligent in your approach.