Front Office Shift Leader
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the coordination of tasks and operations of the Front Office.
- Project courtesy, hospitality and professional behaviour across your department at all times with guests and fellow colleagues, and ensure Line Employees exercise the same levels of professionalism and courtesy.
- Review hotel arrivals, departures and in-house reports to manage guest requests, VIP arrivals, group bookings and other reservations requiring special attention.
- Ensure all Hotel guests are greeted, registered, assisted and checked out efficiently.
- Ensure guestroom and master keys are properly managed at all levels.
- Handle VIP guests as required.
- Handle group bookings as required.
- Assist guests with SBEC membership details, queries and enrolment as required.
- Be the first line of defence to handle guest queries and resolve issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Monitor guest feedback and make recommendations for improvements or new products or services to meet guest needs.
- Ensure all department level billing, cashiering and cash float procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Be available to address issues with regard to charge disputes and discrepancies when required.
PABX Shift Duties:
- Review hotel arrivals, departures and in-house reports to ensure all Telephone Operators are aware of VIP guests, group bookings, privacy messages, aliases and other reservations requiring special attention.
- Update the emergency contact list during the shift to ensure all Manager on Duty extensions are accurate and in working order.
- Ensure all phone calls are efficiently and properly transferred to their appropriate destinations according to established standards and procedures.
- Ensure all guest requests are properly logged and communicated according to established standards and procedures.
- Ensure all wake-up call requests are logged and carried out according to established standards and procedures.
- Ensure all systems are in place for handling emergency situations. T
- Troubleshoot telephone problems where appropriate.
- Ensure all Business Centre activity is accurately managed.
- Communicate potential issues with regard to Employee misconduct and potential disciplinary action to your Manager.
- In the absence of your Manager, coordinate department briefings and provide ongoing communication to Line Employees regarding new policies, programmes and procedures.
- Maintain a complete understanding of the Employee Handbook and adhere to regulations contained therein.
- Maintain a complete understanding of the Hotel’s policy relating to fire, safety and health, and ensure all precautions are taken to safeguard against incidents for areas under your supervision.
- Perform other assignments to meet business needs as directed by your superiors.
· Innovative thinking.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Good leadership, coaching and counselling skills.
· Good analytical skills and strategic thinking.
· Able to multi-task and prioritise tasks consistent with business objectives.
· Knowledge of accounting principles and revenue management.
· High attention to detail.
· Computer literate with knowledge of Word, Excel, PPT, PMS, industry related software desired.
· Fluent with the English Language and knowledge of a third language is a plus
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND EDUCATION
Graduate of a Hotel Management degree or equivalent.
Minimum of 2-year experience in the same position or strong track record as a Front Desk Receptionist in a 4*5* hotel for about three years.