Full job details
Encased in a beautiful two-storey glass facade, La Serre consists of a traditional Parisian boulangerie on the ground floor and a bistro on the first floor.
The boulangerie opens early morning with freshly baked breads, viennoiserie and a light breakfast menu. Lunch, salon de the and dinner are all served throughtout the day.
Upstairs, the bistro offers a Mediterranean inspired menu available for lunch and dinner, and a bar serving a broad selection of wines and expertly-mixed cocktails. There is also a chef’s table, where the sounds, smells and ambience of the kitchen are all involved in the dining experience.
To oversee all aspects of the wine department, providing a highly efficient and effective service, educating and recommending customers on wines with expertise and training the staff on wines as per La Serre & Emaar policies.
- To maximize sales opportunities through identifying guests’ needs, good service, upselling and strong knowledge of wines
- To be valued member of the team with a flexible approach to improving customer experience
- To have a thorough knowledge of all wine list, menus and beverage list.
- To have a critical approach regarding wine cost and finance
- To liase with purchasing manager in purchasing, mise-en-place, inventory and additional wine reference
- To be familiar with local food hygiene, HACCP guidelines, alcohol legislation as per Dubai Municipality
- To do the trainings to all the staff on wine knowledge
- To maintain and control hygiene and functionality regarding the wine department
- Knowledge of French wine is essential along with Italian wines and wines from the rest of the world
- 3 years experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of organic and biodynamic wines is a plus
Fluency in English. Knowledge of French and Arabic is an advantage