Bell Attendant - Jumeirah at Etihad Towers
Full job details
Jumeirah at Etihad Towersis part of a new iconic five-towers complex in the capital of the UAE. It is bordered by the sea on one side and the fashionable Corniche on the other. It is easily accessible from the airport and close to the city's shopping malls, and the central business district and Ministries' area. The hotel features 396 uniquely designed, spacious and elegant rooms and suites, offering fully integrated lifestyle technology. Rooms range from 40m² to 60m² and the design led suites from 92m² to the 980m² Royal Etihad Suite on the 60th floor. 199 luxurious serviced residences are available for longer stays. A variety of restaurants and lounges offer an extensive choice of culinary temptations from the 63rd floor to the beach and include all-day dining and Lebanese restaurants with terrace seating. A dedicated executive lounge with all-day food and beverage offerings, an Internet lounge, shower suites and a business Centre with four meeting rooms, is located on level 45. The superbly equipped conference Centre, amongst the largest in Abu Dhabi, includes a ballroom, seating up to 1,400 delegates, 13 meeting rooms and large pre-function areas with sea view. Spend leisure time in the Talise Spa with 14 treatment suites plus Rasoul chamber and hammam, the extensive gym with state-of-the-art equipment, relax in a landscaped oasis of pools and gardens along the private beach or treat yourself to some retail therapy at the exquisite Etihad Towers boutiques
About the role
- Greets all guests entering and leaving the hotel entrance, using the appropriate salutation.
- Assists guests arriving at the hotel entrance by car, opening the door(s) of the vehicle, and when necessary, assisting the guests to alight.
- Co-ordinates with the bell staff in order to have luggage/parcels removed from vehicles of guests arriving at the hotel entrance and to arrange for their delivery.
- Hails taxis for guests, using the hotel’s designated taxi company. Assist the guests by opening the taxi door(s) and helping them to be seated.
- Assists guests with general enquiries about the hotel, its’ facilities, events and functions taking place and about Abu Dhabi and the surrounding areas
- Must be lead by example by demonstrating the Hallmarks and guiding principles in their role continuously.
- Must be able to perform Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management
The ideal candidate will:
- Always have a smiling, helpful and friendly attitude towards colleagues and guests alike and provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
- Assist guests on the main porch by opening and closing car doors and being present to assist guests
- Assist guests with loading & unloading of luggage as well as delivering it to and collecting it from the guest’s room ensuring that no damage is being done to any piece of luggage.
- Deliver any faxes, messages, parcels, mail, newspapers, etc. to guest rooms in a timely manner and always verifying the guest’s name and room number.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge about Hotel’s facilities and services as well as Abu Dhabi and other Jumeirah properties to be equipped to answer guest enquiries and questions.
- Record any guest deliveries on the appropriate form.
- Record any luggage deliveries and storages accurately on the correct form.
- Issue luggage tags to the guests correctly.
- Maintain a record of the car/taxi number plate for departing guests.
- Store guest’s luggage according to the hotel’s Step by Steps.
- Coordinate with Housekeeping to keep the Lobby clean at all times.
- Page guests on the hotel premises using the proper paging board.
- Always greet the guest with a smile and where possible address them by name.
- Assist guests with directions within the hotel (i.e. guide them to their room, a restaurant etc.)
- To transport the guest’s luggage to their room in an efficient and courteous manner ensuring no damage is caused to the luggage or contents.