Lifeguard, Lifeguard Operations - Wild Wadi Waterpark
At Jumeirah we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa, and the Middle East.
Wild Wadi Waterpark is an Arabic themed Waterpark located in Dubai boasting enviable views of the Gulf and the Burj Al Arab. Excitement at Wild Wadi means one adrenaline rush after another. Hurtle down the 33m high Jumeirah Sceirah reaching speeds of 80 kmph, try the 1.5m high waves at Breakers Bay or scream your lungs out with your friends as you ride together on Tantrum Alley!
The fun is not saved solely for our guests. Everyday as a Wild Wadi colleague is a fun and memorable experience.About the Role
An exciting role has arisen in the Operations department at Wild Wadi Waterpark for a highly motivated and hard working individual. The main purpose of this position is to ensure that all water areas are protected during operational hours by practicing preventative lifeguarding in accordance with the Ellis & Associates International Lifeguard Training Program.
Your main duties will include:
• Understanding and following all Ellis & Associates guidelines, Jumeirah and Wild Wadi Standard Operating Procedures, and Emergency Action Plans
• Performing water rescues, First Aid, and CPR when needed
• Enforcing facility rules and providing crowd control in a friendly manner throughout the aquatic areas as necessary
• Exuding a friendly, helpful and cheerful attitude while communicating effectively with guests and colleagues
• Providing professional lifeguarding services at any Jumeirah property and exclusive use event when needed, and assisting in the preparations of facilities for special functions, themed evenings, etc.
• Cleaning all areas of the pools and walkways, both in and above the water, including all pool furniture and paths
• Reporting any safety concerns to management
As a Lifeguard you will be expected to reach the following standards:
Shallow Facilities Lifeguard:
• Able to swim 50 meters non stop
• Able to swim a distance of 3 meters underwater
Special Facilities Lifeguard:
• Able to swim 200 meters in less than 4 minutes 30 seconds
• Able to retrieve a brick from a depth of 3 meters
• Able to tread water with their hands above the water line for 2 minutes
• Able to perform all Special Facilities Lifeguard requirements.
• Able to swim 400 meters in less than 8 minutes
• Completed the Open Water Beach Lifeguard Course