Assistant Guest Experience/Quality Manager
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Is a member of the hotel's management board, and works cross-departmentally with all departments.
• Has a perfect understanding and clear vision of the brand's guest promise, is exemplary in their manner and behaviour. Is a coach and a project leader.
• Is the guests' voice within the hotel; centralises, analyses and processes all available information concerning guests' perceptions of the services and products provided by the hotel.
• Is responsible for implementing the Pullman Guest Experience Program (PGEP) with the management board and throughout the hotel.
• Coordinates and manages the PGEP concerning the continuous improvement process and project.
• Provides necessary explanations and training for the hotel's heads of department in the use of the associated working methods and tools. Supports the heads of department in establishing a continuous improvement process and in introducing any necessary changes in working methods.
• In collaboration with the heads of department, develops processes and defines or adjusts operational actions enabling the hotel to deliver a product and service that matches the guest promise as closely as possible.
• Has regular and close contact with hotel guests. Organises meetings with guests to collect feedbacks and ideas.
• Makes recommendations and propositions to the managers.
• Ensures that the PGEP tools (modules on standards implementation, internal surveys, audits, social media) are deployed, used and understood.
• Maintains the accuracy and consistency of data and information within the PGEP tools.
• Responds to guest comments and monitors correspondence with the guest.
EXPERTISE RELATED TO THE JOB:
• Uses process planning to help heads of department introduce and establish the PGEP on a lasting basis.
• Provides support for heads of department in the implementation of the brand's standards:
- presents the brand's standards and prioritises their implementation
- ensures that the self-assessment process is applied (scheduling, support for heads of deparment, feedback)
- manages any requests for exemptions.
- coordinates the introduction of action plans relating to the application of brand's standards.
• Has a thorough knowledge of and can apply all the PGEP methods and complementary tools.
• Communicates his/her analyses and summaries of guests' perceptions to the various heads of department, to help them keep their continuous improvement action plans up to date.
• Enhances the PGEP by adding examples of best practices.
• Shares his/her experience with other Pullman guest experience managers of the Pullman network.
• Communicates the various reports on guest satisfaction to the heads of department on a regular basis.
• Practices solving problems techniques within the hotel.
EDUCATION / PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of 2 years' experience in the hospitality/food & beverage, leisure & tourism, health sectors, audit, consultancy, training, executive assistance, guest experience and quality.
• Degree to Masters or equivalent, Vocational degree, Diploma or higher studies in Quality, Vocational Masters or Engineering school.
• Knowledge of quality certification processes.
• Previous experience in a multi-cultural environment.
• Fluent in English and additional language will be an advantage.
SKILLS / QUALITIES
• Attention to detail and quality
• Excellent writing and speaking skills
• Able to work in project mode
• Teaching skills