JD for Food Server-Purpose
Provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all of our guests. Each server’s primary objective is to show our guests such a marvelous time, they will want to return again and again
- Provide courteous and efficient service ensuring that customer satisfaction is maintained at all times
- Establish a good relationship with guests and members, using the guests/members name whenever possible, thus strengthening rapport and customer satisfaction
- Exhibit a professional attitude, diplomacy and a willingness to go the extra mile for the guests and members
- Be a caring problem solver, cooperative, accommodating and fair, ensuring that all guest and members are satisfied with the service received
Food and Beverage Specific
- Welcome and greet guests. Make all our guests feel comfortable and let them know you’re there to personally take care of them.
- Inform guests of specials and menu changes.
- Make recommendations you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy.
- Answer questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant functions and services.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests, enter orders in our point-of-sale system which relays orders to the kitchen and bar.
- Deliver food and beverages from kitchen and bar to guests in a timely matter.
- Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as required by service station assignment.
- Maintain clean service areas.
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges or make change (if applicable).
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers as situations arise.
- Be ready and willing to assist bus person with clearing and resetting tables.
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Adheres to company standards as it relates to personal grooming
- Attends all training classes as instructed by Restaurant Manager
- Adheres to company standards and policies relating to safety, security, energy and first aid procedures
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Strong customer and personal service orientation
- Strong Communication skills essential, fluent in English, Arabic an asset
- Willing to work weekends, split shifts and /or Public Holidays
- Enjoys working in a team environment
- Previous work experience in food and beverage service
- Knowledge of products, services, and equipment relating to food and beverage service
- Be able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food frequently weighing up to 20 to 25 pounds.
Other Duties as Assigned
- While the above mentioned is a detailed description of the outputs required for a F&B Server, it is not intended to be exhaustive. Other requirements may be assigned as change in the environment dictates.