Housekeeping Manager (M/F) - Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & SPA
At Jumeirah we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in a world class environment. We value diversity and equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa, and the Middle East
Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa, built on a cliff overlooking the fishing village of Port Soller and surrounded by the Tramuntana mountain range, the resort’s appearance promises a true escape – even appearing to float between the sky and the sea at times.
This intimate five star hotel houses a selection of 121 airy sea or mountain facing rooms and suites, spread across 11 buildings connected by wonderful scented gardens.
The warm Mediterranean climate and the hotel’s glorious natural setting make this the ideal place for al fresco dining. A choice of four bars and two restaurants serving Spanish delicacies, while the luxurious Talise spa, state-of-the-art gym, two swimming pools and a spacious ballroom provide more ways to spend time with us.About the role
In the role of Housekeeping Manager you will be responsible of plan, organize and supervise all Housekeeping activities. To set the standards of cleanliness and maintenance of all operations. To maintain the Hotel policies and procedures as agreed by the Management in accordance with The Hotel’s business plan.
Your duties will include but not be limited to:
- To strive to achieve the highest standards of cleanliness in guest rooms 24hrs a day.
- To ensure that all guest requests are handled efficiently and professionally at all times. To ensure that the request are carried out within the 10 minute standard.
- To ensure all services offered in the Housekeeping Department are available at all times.
- To liaise with the Engineering Department to ensure that all repairs and maintenance work is carried out to the standards required.
- To liaise with Front Office on forecasting. VIP arrivals and ensure the smooth flow of communication between the Departments.
- To conduct periodic inspections throughout the hotel to asses the cleaning standards.
- To be responsible for setting and reviewing the standards and set up of guest supplies utilized in the guest rooms and ensure proper ordering and storage procedures.
- To ensure correct cleaning materials are specified for guest rooms and proper ordering and usage procedures are implemented.
- To ensure adequate equipment is available (vacuum cleaners, extra beds, irons and boards, cots etc) at all times. To ensure employees are fully trained in operating the equipment.
- To liaise with stewarding to ensure pest control programmes are maintained.
- To ensure that all VIP rooms are checked on a regular basis.
- To ensure proper maintenance of plants and flowers in guest rooms and public areas.
- To plan regular spring cleaning programmes liaising with the maintenance department to prolong longevity of soft furnishings.
- To assist in all refurbishment programmes and ensure that snagging is carried out and completed.
- To strive to achieve the highest standards of cleanliness in public areas 24 hours a day.
- To monitor standards of contract cleaners.
- To co-ordinate and plan cleaning schedules for both Front of House and Back of House areas.
- To conduct periodic inspections of the Public Areas.
- To liaise with the Outlet Managers and Department Heads regarding the standard of furnishings and advice when they need replacement.
- To ensure flower arrangements meet standard of the Hotel and guest requirements.
- To ensure quality controls are implemented for all fresh flowers and plants inside and outside the Hotel.
- To ensure an effective plan of changing, tattering and disposal of flowers and plants implemented.
- To ensure suppliers provide quality fresh flowers and plants and storage facilities are maintained and controlled.
- To ensure that all colleagues attend Hotel Induction and Departmental Orientation training.
- To ensure there is an appropriate number of trained trainer trainers in the department.
- To ensure that all department members receive initial and on-going training in all aspects of Housekeeping operations for which that are responsible.
- To ensure the Housekeeping Manager personally undertakes monitoring of training and gives total commitment within the department.
- To ensure Linen inventories are carried on regular basis.
- To ensure cleaning standards set by the Hotel are met consistently by the contract laundry.
- To check on a regular basis line handling procedures.
- To ensure line par stocks are maintained and plan ordering of new linen.
- To ensure adequate supplies of linen is available to the outlets and guest rooms at all times.
- To ensure the planning and reporting of all soft furnishings maintenance is carried out regularly to meet the Hotel standards.
- To ensure employees uniforms are purchased, maintained and secure at all times,
- To ensure seamstress service is available.
- To ensure contract laundries provide an efficient service at all times.
- To ensure valet service is provided 24 hours per day.
- To ensure standards of pressing is consistent, providing the guest with a high quality finish at all times.
- To ensure that any guest complaints, reimbursements are handled effectively within the guidelines set by the Hotel.
- To ensure cashiering procedures are handled effectively and all records are kept up the date.
In order to be considered for this role, you must have:
- Previous Housekeeping experience as well guest/employee relations training.
- Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, use and requirements or equipment.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculation
- Ability to communicate satisfactorily in English and Spanish with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
Personality is the key to this role, as is a genuine passion for world class personalised service. Excellent command of the Spanish and English languages is required. We want people who are confident, willing to multi task and undertake duties outside of the normal job description, are easy to be around and can really contribute to shaping this new era of Jumeirah Group.
If this sounds like you and you are passionate about providing thoughtful and generous service to guests, are ambitious, hardworking and take a genuine interest in people, we would like to hear from you.