Finance Director, Maldives
Our client is a fast expanding hotel group based in Thailand and looking for an experienced Financial Director to manage the finances of one of its resorts in the Maldives.
* To implement company policies and procedures in Accounting and Accounting related fields of the operation
* To implement and monitor the internal report system: daily reports, weekly reports, monthly reports & inventories etc.
* To implement and monitor the distribution of reports to the head office and to the owners
* To have all reports and statistics audited internally by proficient and reliable accounting staff.
* To personally audit all major reports & other reports at random.
* To prepare budgets as per company policies and guidelines
* To report to the management any anticipated problems regarding collection of invoices, credit policies, payments to be made and cash flow.
* To report to the management any relevant changes in procedures and policies, accidental or intentional amendments of reports, statistics and inventories, relevant shortages of cash and unjustified transactions of any kind.
* To report directly to the head office any accidental or intentional falsification or withholding of reports and figures requested by the management, unjustified transactions against the interest of the company and misappropriation of funds or assets.
* To assist the management in recruiting and training accounting team member or position related to the accounting.
* Be responsible for all accounting and accounting related tasks in the hotel
* To ascertain that all accounting related procedures are following the company guidelines and the law
* To ascertain that no dishonest of fraudulent practices take place in the hotel. If necessary, fraud must be reported directly to the head office
* Fully responsible for the use and the maintenance of the accounting computer system, with the occasional assistance of a computer operator, MIT and VIT
* Checks and signs all monthly reports and statistics to be sent out. Prior to submitting them to GM; prepares explanation for relevant changes or fluctuations in figures and statistics
* Prepares and discusses performance evaluations
* Liaises with all heads of departments to ensure optimal cooperation
* Ensures the inter-departmental procedures are followed properly
* Issues instructions to other departments regarding preparation and completion of accounting related procedures, such as statistics, inventories, reports, notice of staff changes
* Liaises with banks, revenue department, full cooperation and support to auditors, whether from the government or the owners; reports any relevant comments from auditors to the management
* Able to travel on single status
* A minimum of 3-5 years experience in a Financial Controller / Finance Director role with an international hotel group
* Maldives experience will be most preferred.
* Effective communication skills in English
* Good analytical thinking ability
* Ideal with experience of the accounting system: Microsoft Dynamic Navision
* Can work under pressure and tight deadline
* Can manage timeliness in reporting
* ACA is required, ACCA is preferable.
* A highly competitive salary of US$4,000 Net Per Month
* Single accommodation and all meals
* Full medical cover
* Economy Class air ticket to the resort and back after 12 months
* Benefits of joining a growing international hotel group
To apply, please send a Word (not Adobe) format CV including a smart head and shoulders photo to Stephen Thorley - firstname.lastname@example.org