Casino Shift Manager
GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and being their personal best. We are a dedicated, passionate team, all driven by the spirit of determination and innovation and as you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line family. www.ncl.com
ABOUT NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 50-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility to design their ideal cruise vacation. Norwegian operates a total of 14 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Recently, the line was named “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line" for the fourth consecutive year by the World Travel Awards. In the summer of 2017, we will launch our 15th ship, Norwegian Joy, sailing exclusively in China; https://www.ncl.com/norwegian-joy
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Casino Shift Manager is responsible for overall Casino Operations in accordance with the directives as set down in the Casino Policies and Procedures. To ensure that the highest standards of efficiency, guest service, and security are met in accordance with the company's policies and procedures.
The Casino Management may assign a Casino Shift Manager other duties outside the Casino Operation. The Casino Shift Manager is expected to perform these duties to the highest standards of efficiency, guest service and integrity.
- Administer the Casino Operation ensuring all internal controls are duly adhered to.
- Responsible for the enforcement of all company policy and procedure for each of the Casino divisions.
- Maintain Surveillance equipment and ensure all sensitive gaming areas are being recorded.
- Conduct thorough investigations when Casino operational security policy is breached.
- Prepare and submit Surveillance tapes as and when required by shoreside Casino Management.
- Verify cage transactions of $1000 or more.
- Assist the Casino Manager in authorizing player credit and issuance of winner's checks.
- Conduct audits of Casino Cage main bank in conjunction with the ship's purser.
- Review all Casino Operational paperwork for accuracy when submitted.
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of the Casino personnel and provide training where and when necessary.
- Assist in the processing of documentation for staff movements.
- Monitor all Casino operational requirements.
- Effectively resolve customer complaints/disputes utilizing Surveillance when necessary.
- Maintain open communication with all departments, both onboard and shoreside.
- Carry out duties as required by the Shipboard Executive Management.
- Perform count duties ensuring all monies are properly accounted for and secured.
- Control the collection and distribution of gratuities.
- Ensure Casino gaming activity only takes place in situations where it is legal to do so. Confirmation can be sought from the Shoreside Casino management or the bridge on respective vessels.
- Submit all weekly/monthly reports as determined by Shoreside Casino Operations within the required deadlines.
- Ensure inter-departmental schedules provide maximum deployment of staff to acceptable levels of daily working hours.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of seven years Casino experience is preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge and experience with a minimum of 5 of the following games: Blackjack, Roulette, Let it Ride, Caribbean Stud Poker, 3-Card Poker, Baccarat, Craps, Pai Gow Tiles, Pai Gow Poker, or Texas Hold'em is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Basic to Intermediate skills in typing and computer software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) are required.
- High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Associates degree or foreign equivalent is preferred.
- Active Gaming License is preferred.
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started.
THE NORWEGIAN FAMILY OF BRANDS
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
GET SOCIAL WITH US!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.