Tea Specialist- Mandarin Speaker
GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and being their personal best. We are a dedicated, passionate team, all driven by the spirit of determination and innovation and as you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line family. www.ncl.com
ABOUT NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 50-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility to design their ideal cruise vacation. Norwegian operates a total of 14 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Recently, the line was named “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line" for the fourth consecutive year by the World Travel Awards. In the summer of 2017, we will launch our 15th ship, Norwegian Joy, sailing exclusively in China; https://www.ncl.com/norwegian-joy
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Tea Master is responsible for executing the tea program’s specific design for “The Grand Tea Room” and “Joy Tea Room”. Tea Master is specialized in the preparation and presentation of Chinese and other global teas. This is a hands-on position which must have an acute focus on tea education and service. He or she must use personality, talent, and language ability to communicate and entertain, from small to large social events.
Activities to be managed (and executed) include (but are not limited to): 1. Tea ceremony in our tea lounges, and to personally perform the Chinese tea ceremony 2. Training for bar and restaurant team members on both product and tea brewing and pouring technique 3. Afternoon tea 4. Development of original and exciting tea offerings for the enjoyment of our guests and to increase revenues.
- Responsible for the entire onboard tea program to include sales, training, inventory and proper requisitioning procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring that the forecasted tea sales PPD for the ship are met and exceeded.
- Answer questions on menu selections. Communicate with the galley regarding menu questions, the length of wait, and product availability.
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the galley.
- Pick-up trays and clean tables as needed to ensure a clean dining area.
- Manages the target cost of sales for tea operation as determined by the company budgets.
- Ensures that all company tea service standards and sequences of service are being followed and adhered to by the staff while on duty.
- Ensures that the staffs under his/her supervision follow and are compliant with all Public Health rules and regulations.
- Participates in planning and managing the continuous training of all the staff involved in tea sales onboard using only company approved training materials.
- Reports maintenance needs and ensures that all equipment is in proper condition and meets the safety standards.
- Conducts the tea training of beverage and restaurant staff and conducts the elegant tea and tea ceremonies that are held on board.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience as a Tea Master on a cruise ship or a combination of ship and large hotel/bar experience in these positions is required.
- Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Advanced level of supervisory knowledge in running a shift in a large restaurant and/or managing and servicing a large service bar is required.
- Advanced level of knowledge and experience in meeting and exceeding revenue targets, service standards and guest satisfaction results is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge and experience working with beverage and wine products is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in typing and computer software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Fidelio Cruise, Micros) is required.
- Active/Current Certification for Tea Sommeliers or Tea Master from a recognized international tea organization is required.
- Associates degree or foreign equivalency in Hospitality Management or a related field from a recognized hotel/culinary institution is required.
- Position-specific STCW training from an accredited educational institution is required.
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started.
THE NORWEGIAN FAMILY OF BRANDS
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
GET SOCIAL WITH US!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.