Chief Refrigeration Engineer
GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and being their personal best. We are a dedicated, passionate team, all driven by the spirit of determination and innovation and as you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line family. www.ncl.com
ABOUT NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 50-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility to design their ideal cruise vacation. Norwegian operates a total of 14 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Recently, the line was named “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line" for the fourth consecutive year by the World Travel Awards. In the summer of 2017, we will launch our 15th ship, Norwegian Joy, sailing exclusively in China; https://www.ncl.com/norwegian-joy
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Senior Refrigeration Engineer is responsible for the refrigeration and heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems throughout the ship. Manage the crew assigned to the refrigeration team to effectively complete scheduled maintenance jobs and address repair work as it arises.
- Shall personally inspect the cleanliness and safety of galley, laundry, and launderette exhaust ducts, and shall ensure that all required and necessary cleaning routines and records are properly executed.
- In charge of the operation and maintenance of the HVAC plant, the provisioning plant and related cold rooms, all refrigerated bar and galley equipment.
- Shall monitor the consumption of refrigerants closely and raise the alert if any irregular situation should occur.
- Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the engine room and galley ventilation systems, including local and centralized fire extinguishing systems.
- Delegate and distribute work for the Second Refrigeration Engineer. Assistant Refrigeration Engineer and Refrigeration Repairman, including training and guiding.
- Responsible for the maintenance and periodic testing of fire dampers and Gaylord systems including periodic inspection and cleaning of the laundry exhaust duct, including record keeping of the cleaning schedule.
- Must work closely with his Supervisors when scheduling maintenance work on the HVAC plant in order to create a minimum level of discomfort for passenger and crew.
- Shall be familiar with the active in the safety management system, including applicable responsibilities in the safety organization according to the emergency plan and station bill.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SMES, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for the position.
- The Refrigeration Engineer is responsible for the AMOS System for the HVAC department and shall keep a close cooperation with the Engine Storekeeper, Staff Chief Engineer and the Chief Engineer. Responsible for the HVAC Stores, parts and supplies, inventory control and purchase requisitions. Shall work closely with the Chief Engineer to ensure that the expenditures are within the limits of the approved budget.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of three years prior experience repairing and maintaining refrigeration and HVAC Systems is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required
- Position-specific STCW training from an accredited educational institution is required
- Must be able to work independently
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started.
THE NORWEGIAN FAMILY OF BRANDS
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
GET SOCIAL WITH US!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.