Casino Shift Manager - Mandarin Speaker
Norwegians have more fun at work!
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 50-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility. Today, Norwegian invites guests to “Cruise Like a Norwegian” on one of 14 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Recently, the line was named “Europe’s Leading Cruise Line” for the sixth consecutive year, as well as “Caribbean’s Leading Cruise Line” and “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line” by the World Travel Awards.
Come join our team!
Position Title: Casino Shift Manager
Brief Summary and Essential Job Functions:
Casino Shift Manager is responsible for overall Casino Operations to ensure that the highest standards of efficiency, guest service, and security are met in accordance with the company's policies and procedures
- Ensure that the company's assets and integrity is protected at all times.
- Administer the Casino Operation ensuring all internal controls are duly adhered to.
- Responsible for the enforcement of all company policy and procedure for each of the Casino divisions.
- Maintain Surveillance equipment and ensure all sensitive gaming areas are being recorded.
- Conduct thorough investigations when Casino operational security policy is breached.
- Prepare and submit Surveillance tapes as and when required by shoreside Casino Management.
- Verify cage transactions of $1000 or more.
- Assist the Casino Manager in authorizing player credit and issuance of winner's checks.
- Conduct audits of Casino Cage main bank in conjunction with the ship's purser.
- Review all Casino Operational paperwork for accuracy when submitted.
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of the Casino personnel and provide training where and when necessary.
- Complete assessments and appraisals for subordinates.
- Assist in the processing of documentation for staff movements.
- Monitor all Casino operational requirements.
- Minimum of seven years Casino experience is preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge and experience with a minimum of 5 of the following games: Blackjack, Roulette, Let it Ride, Caribbean Stud Poker, 3-Card Poker, Baccarat, Craps, Pai Gow Tiles, Pai Gow Poker, or Texas Hold'em is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Basic to Intermediate skills in typing and computer software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) are required.
- High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Associates degree or foreign equivalent is preferred.
- Active Gaming License is preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
It is Norwegian Cruise Line Holding's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status. EOE.