Norwegians have more fun at work!
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 50-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility. Today, Norwegian invites guests to “Cruise Like a Norwegian” on one of 14 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Recently, the line was named “Europe’s Leading Cruise Line” for the sixth consecutive year, as well as “Caribbean’s Leading Cruise Line” and “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line” by the World Travel Awards.
Come join our team!
The Chef Tournant’s primary responsibilities are to ensure all communication, standards, policies, and expectations are communicated to his/her team and then executed flawlessly. He/she achieves the objectives through communication, organization, and training. The Chef Tournant is expected to be a “hands-on” supervisor who leads his/her team by example. The Chef Tournant is assigned to be directly responsible for one or more outlets or production areas in the following categories: production, alternative restaurants, buffets, or main galley.
• Consistently checks temperatures in foods and follows proper procedures in regards to chilling, re-heating, and holding food.
• Maintains and reports waste log to supervisors on a daily/weekly basis
• Checks outlet(s) upon arrival to determine status of outstanding safety, or equipment issues
• Checks outlet(s) prior to leaving to ensure cleanliness, proper disposal/removal of food, and proper storing and labeling
• Maintains USPH/FDA standards
• Communicates and follows-through with appropriate departments to correct sanitation and or equipment issues
• Responsible for accuracy in daily inventories and requisitions
• Communicates with provisions to ensure successful coordination of requisitioning, and return to stocks, including variances, spoilage, and excess inventories
• Communicates with other departments to adjust production for joint product needs
• Delegates workload to subordinates fairly and consistently while continually striving to improve flow of production
• Adjusts scheduling appropriately in order to attend mandatory meetings
• Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of all basic cooking techniques is required.
• Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Classical European, International, and World Cuisine, including cooking philosophies and principles are required.
• Basic to Intermediate knowledge and experience to lead in all areas of the galley including buffets, production, alternative restaurants and main galleys is required.
• Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of herbs, spices and flavorings, is required.
• Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of all kitchen equipment, tools, and supplies is required.
• Minimum of one year supervisory experience on cruise ship or high volume hotel/restaurant is required.
• Minimum of one year experience in a high production volume restaurant/hotel is required.
• Minimum of one year experience in a fine dining or upscale restaurant is required.
• Minimum of three years of general culinary experience is required.
• Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
• Intermediate to Advanced skills in typing and computer software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Fidelio, AS400, Micros) are required.
• Intermediate to Advanced experience and ability to convert recipes from metric to U.S. and vice versa for both volume and weight is required.
• Highschool Diploma or Foreign Equivalent is required
• Associates degree, Technical degree or foreign equivalent from a Culinary School is preferred.
• Proactive, Team Player, Problem Solver
• Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
• Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
• Respect for all co-workers and guests
• Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
• Able to work 7 days a week
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
It is Norwegian Cruise Line Holding's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status. EOE.