Audio Technician - Mandarin Speakers
Norwegians have more fun at work!
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 50-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility. Today, Norwegian invites guests to “Cruise Like a Norwegian” on one of 14 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Recently, the line was named “Europe’s Leading Cruise Line” for the sixth consecutive year, as well as “Caribbean’s Leading Cruise Line” and “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line” by the World Travel Awards.
Come join our team!
Job Title: Audio Technician
Department: Production Show
The Audio Technician is responsible for the running of the production and guest artist shows. The technician will oversee the operation of all Audio Systems onboard. Assist other technicians with scenery changeovers and maintenance.
The Audio Technician is expected to maintain and inspect all audio equipment and to track inventory in order to ensure that all related equipment and supplies are available for the shows. This person must also be available to assist other technicians whenever needed.
In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Maintain the Audio design as set by the design teams & Norwegian Cruise Line.
- In the event that production Audio needs to be changed for operational circumstances, then notes must be taken so that the show can be returned to the correct audio design.
- Set up and operate Audio for variety entertainer and various events other than production shows.
- Perform weekly audits on Audio equipment onboard to ensure it is all operational.
- Operate equipment during daily rehearsals and sound checks for the evening entertainment; ensure that all activities have appropriate Audio support.
- Performs preventive maintenance and cleaning on all entertainment audio equipment, on the vessel with the help of the Technical staff.
- Assist with all scenic changeovers and ensures they are completed in a safe and timely manner.
- Perform daily tests of Audio systems prior to show time and inform Technical Supervisor of any malfunction.
- Create and maintain up to date auditable inventory of all entertainment as requested by Technical Supervisor.
- Responsible for the proper use and placement of microphones on performers. Responsible for the collection and inventory of all microphones and other loose equipment and to ensure it is secure at close of venue.
- Must provide detailed and accurate Tracking Sheets to Technical Supervisor and/or Entertainment Production Manager and must be available upon request.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of complex Musical/variety theatrical Audio design.
- Advanced knowledge of both Analogue and digital Audio console (For example; Yamaha PM1D, PM5D, M7, PM3500, Midas Heritage) Shure Wireless microphones. Lexicon effects processors, Tape and hard drive playback systems. Various gate and compression units.
- Two years of experience in Musical Theater is preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Musical theatre productions, backstage operations and safe rigging practices.
- Advanced knowledge of Audio systems.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and Outlook.
Associates Degree in Technical Theatre or a related field of study; Appropriate vocational/technical training and/or experience may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required degree.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
It is Norwegian Cruise Line Holding's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status. EOE.