Slot Technician - Mandarin Speakers
Norwegians have more fun at work!
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 50-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility. Today, Norwegian invites guests to “Cruise Like a Norwegian” on one of 14 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Recently, the line was named “Europe’s Leading Cruise Line” for the sixth consecutive year, as well as “Caribbean’s Leading Cruise Line” and “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line” by the World Travel Awards.
Come join our team!
Job Title: Slot Technician Department: Casino Job Summary and Essential Job Functions:
- Under the direction of the Head Slot Technician, the Slot Technician is responsible for troubleshooting, repair, service, modify, and perform preventative maintenance of all electronic gaming devices.
- Monitoring an assigned Slot area and ensuring all Slot Machines are secured and in good working condition pursuant to NCL procedures and game rules and limits.
- Responsible for supervision and control of all passengers involved in gaming activities enforcing all game rules with professionalism and enthusiasm
- Resolve all technical/electrical faults on all makes of Slot machines, cash desk apparatus and gaming table equipment. Report any machine malfunctions to Casino Management.
- Preventative maintenance of all gaming equipment on a scheduled basis as set out by the Fleet head Technician.
- Repair and restore machine malfunctions including coin, bill or token jams.
- Initiate and process payments of jackpots after approval and verification determined by Casino Management.
- Initiate and process the refilling of Slot and bill exchange machines after appropriate approval and verification determined by Casino Management.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
- Minimum high school diploma or foreign equivalent is required. Some college-related education is preferred.
- Formal training in the repair and troubleshooting of a variety of electrical and mechanical equipment from a recognized educational institution is required.
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge of point of sales systems is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English is required; and other languages are preferred.
- Basic to Intermediate Typing and Computer software Skills: Microsoft Word & Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- One year of prior experience as a slot technician is preferred.
- Current Gaming License is preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
It is Norwegian Cruise Line Holding's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status. EOE.