Assistant Beverage Manager - Mandarin Speakers
GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and being their personal best. We are a dedicated, passionate team, all driven by the spirit of determination and innovation and as you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line family. www.ncl.com
ABOUT NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 50-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility to design their ideal cruise vacation. Norwegian operates a total of 14 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Recently, the line was named “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line" for the fourth consecutive year by the World Travel Awards. In the summer of 2017, we will launch our 15th ship, Norwegian Joy, sailing exclusively in China; https://www.ncl.com/norwegian-joy
Assistant Beverage Manager
Job Summary and Essential Functions:
Assists the Beverage Manager in the operation and supervision of all public bars, lounges, crew bar and beverage service in the restaurants and decks. Assists in the direction, supervision, performance, training and evaluation of all positions within the beverage department. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Responsible for assisting in ensuring that the beverage sales forecasted for bars, lounges and restaurants on the ship are met and exceeded; Including Buffet, Atrium Café, Main Dining Room and all Mess areas.
- Responsible for assisting in achieving the guest satisfaction targets established for the ship in beverage service and product quality.
- Strives to meet the target cost of sales for the operation as determined by the company budgets.
- Ensures that all company beverage service standards and sequences of service are being followed and adhered to by the staff.
- Ensures that the department is in compliance with all company policies, rules and regulations.
- Resolves in a satisfactory and proactive manner all service and product deficiencies and follows up on guest comments and/or concerns.
- Ensures that the staff and the operation follow and are compliant with all Public Health rules and regulations.
- Maintains and safeguards records, reports and other documents pertinent to the staff and the operation as dictated by policy and as direct by the Company.
- Participates in planning and managing the continuous training of all the staff involved in beverage sales using only company approved training materials.
- Issues and follows up on maintenance requests and ensures that all equipment and furniture is in proper condition and meets the safety standards.
- Controls and documents breakages, abuse of equipment and negligent behavior when it comes to the improper use of Company property and assets.
- Assists in managing and achieving the budgets that are determined for the beverage organization when it comes to all departmental expenses, salaries and manning.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
- High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Minimum of one year managerial experience in handling multiple bars and lounges with different themes and menus is required.
- Proven ability to manage and direct a large multinational and/or multicultural bar brigade is required
- Minimum of one year experience with a responsibility of meeting and exceeding revenue targets, industry service standards and guest satisfaction results is required.
- Extensive knowledge of beverage and wine products is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English is required; and other languages are preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced Typing and Computer software Skills using the following programs are required: Microsoft Word & Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, IBM AS400, Fidelio, Micros.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, taste and smell.All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds.This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
- Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.
- This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started.
THE NORWEGIAN FAMILY OF BRANDS
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
GET SOCIAL WITH US!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.