Stage Technician - Mandarin Speakers
Norwegians have more fun at work!
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 50-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility. Today, Norwegian invites guests to “Cruise Like a Norwegian” on one of 14 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Recently, the line was named “Europe’s Leading Cruise Line” for the sixth consecutive year, as well as “Caribbean’s Leading Cruise Line” and “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line” by the World Travel Awards.
Come join our team!
Job Title: Stage Technician
Department: Production Show
The Stage Technician is responsible for the basic maintenance, repair and operation of live stage and backstage equipment for all shows performed in the main theatres. The technician will also perform preventive maintenance & basic repair on scenery including general carpentry, scenic painting, automation cleaning, replacement of bulbs, and other maintenance responsibilities as required.
The Stage Technician is expected to maintain inspect all equipment and to track inventory in order to ensure that all props and items are available for the shows. This person must also be available to assist other technicians whenever needed. The technician must be able to understand and react quickly to new directions in a fast-paced environment.
In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Clean and maintain the backstage areas including workshops. Assist with under stage cleaning, to ensure safe & efficient operation.
- Perform specific backstage track during performances in theatre with the ability to change directions in a timely manner.
- Assist with all scenic changeovers and ensures they are completed in a safe and timely manner.
- Manages safety requirements during rehearsals, shows, and change over’s to ensure maximum safety for all involved especially when Automation movement is taking place.
- Assist with the arrangement of scenery and props on stage as directed during rehearsal, shows, & changeovers. Maintains the overall look and quality of scenic items and personal props.
- Repair and maintain scenery including general carpentry, scenic painting, automation cleaning, replacement of bulbs, Dusting Projector filters, and other related duties as required. Report any scenic damage or any operational safety concerns immediately to Technical Supervisor.
- Maintain and update records of all shows and changes to backstage tracks & rigging & scenic changes to backstage tracks. Maintain and update auditable inventory of all entertainment props and equipment.
- Inspects on a weekly basis all electrical cabling for scenic, automation, and lighting; reports any defects to the Technical Supervisor.
- Coordinate with the Technical Supervisor and/or Entertainment Production Manager to deliver accurate maintenance tracking sheets during position handover.
- Secure the Launch Zone with the Launch Lead before, during and after the show.
- Monitor the trajectory of any expended product.
- Communicate to the Pyrotechnic Lead and Launch Lead if a shell or device has misfired or is a low fire.
- Notify the Pyro Lead if the show should be stopped or canceled at any time.
- Protect the Launch Lead at all time.
- Keep the Launch Zone and Pyrotechnic Magazines clean and free from contamination.
- Document all misfires after the 10 min cool down period.
- Assist the Launch Lead return all unfired devices, packing, and misfires to the pyrotechnic Magazines.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of theatrical productions, basic rigging, and safe rigging practices.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Audio and lighting systems, including moving lights.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of digital audio systems, moving light consoles and entertainment backstage operations, including but not limited to, Yamaha M7, Ls9 and PM 1&5D, & Martin Maxxyz consoles preferred.
Associates Degree in Theatre Production or equivalent is required; Appropriate vocational/technical training and/or experience may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required degree.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
It is Norwegian Cruise Line Holding's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status. EOE.