GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and being their personal best. We are a dedicated, passionate team, all driven by the spirit of determination and innovation and as you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line family. www.ncl.com
ABOUT NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 50-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility to design their ideal cruise vacation. Norwegian operates a total of 14 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Recently, the line was named “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line" for the fourth consecutive year by the World Travel Awards. In the summer of 2017, we will launch our 15th ship, Norwegian Joy, sailing exclusively in China; https://www.ncl.com/norwegian-joy
Job Summary and Essential Functions:
Responsible for photographing daily events, including, but not limited to embarkation, gangways, dining rooms, portraits and any other event that may require a photographer to be present to document the event(s). Photographers will also work on gangways or in other areas “in character” as a photographic mascot. In the Photo Gallery, duties will include delivering excellent customer service whilst handling sales of photo and retail items, and dealing with guest requests and minor complaints. Subject to skills and ability, work may also be required in the Perspectives Photo Studio, onboard certain vessels. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Photograph all requested events onboard and ashore as required, always being proactive to maximize image counts and image quality in order to meet established performance goals
- Wear mascot costumes inside/outside the ship for photo shoots, engaging guests with lively energy and enthusiasm at all times
- Deliver excellent customer service at all times by presenting a friendly, warm and calm attitude towards guests and crew at all times
- Protect all company inventory and equipment through proper handling and security procedures at all times
- Follow trained departmental and shipboard environmental rules and regulations, including use of Personal Protective Equipment, when working (or assisting other team members) in the Photo Lab
- Effectively handle guest requests and questions (photo department and general shipboard issues) at any time
- Have available at least 1 x department approved camera body, maintained in full working condition at the owner’s expense.
- Able to use and familiar with a range of photographic equipment, including but not limited to digital SLR cameras, portrait studio equipment, computers and image editing software
- Work with the rest of the team to continuously improve image quality, production levels and sales to achieve budgeted goals
- Ensure departmental compliance to all hotel practices and shipboard policies by reporting to the department head any non-compliant practices
- Represent the photo department in the best possible light in all guest and crew interactions
- Cover all photo events as deemed necessary by the Photo Manager
- Proactively assist guests in locating their displayed photos and/or assist them in using digital photo kiosks
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
- You must be legally authorized to work in the United States and qualify for a U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC).
- High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or foreign equivalent from a recognized educational institution is preferred. Relevant experience may substitute for this educational preference at an equivalent rate.
- Minimum of six (6) months experience as a photographer is required.
- Intermediate to advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Basic knowledge and experience to operate basic computer systems and touch-screen kiosks is required.
- The U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) requires all crew members employed with NCL America aboard the Pride of America to hold a Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC). In order to qualify for a MMC, applicants must demonstrate the following physical abilities necessary to perform shipboard duties per USCG guidelines (COMPDTPUB 16700.4 NVIC 04-8).
If the applicant has a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40.0 or higher, or if the verifying medical practitioner doubts the applicants ability to successfully perform any of the following functions, a suitable practical demonstration is required for those functions. The verifying medical practitioner, in consultation with any other qualified practitioners he/she deems appropriate, determines whether a practical demonstration is necessary, and whether the applicant is physically competent or not physically competent.
- Is able to maintain a sense of balance without disturbance while walking and standing
- Is able to climb up and down vertical ladders and stairways
- Is able to step over a door sill or coaming up to 24 inches in height
- Is able to move through a restricted opening of 24 inches by 24 inches
- Is able to open and close watertight doors that weigh up to 55 pounds. Must be able to move hands/arms in vertical and horizontal directions, rotate wrists and reach above shoulder height to turn handles
- Is able to lift at least a 40 pound load off the ground, and to carry, push or pull the same load
- Is able to grasp and manipulate common tools such as wrenches, hammers, screwdrivers and pliers
- Is able to crouch, kneel and crawl
- Is able to distinguish differences in texture and temperature by feel
- Is able to intermittently stand on feet for up to four hours with minimal rest periods
- Is able to react to visual alarms and instructions
- Is able to react to audible alarms and instructions
- Is capable of normal conversation
- Is able to pull an uncharged 1.5 inch diameter, 50’ fire hose with nozzle to full extension, and to lift a charged 1.5 inch diameter fire hose to firefighting position
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started.
THE NORWEGIAN FAMILY OF BRANDS
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
GET SOCIAL WITH US!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.