Junior Stateroom Steward
GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and being their personal best. We are a dedicated, passionate team, all driven by the spirit of determination and innovation and as you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line family. www.ncl.com
ABOUT NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 50-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility to design their ideal cruise vacation. Norwegian operates a total of 14 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Recently, the line was named “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line" for the fourth consecutive year by the World Travel Awards. In the summer of 2017, we will launch our 15th ship, Norwegian Joy, sailing exclusively in China; https://www.ncl.com/norwegian-joy
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Junior Stateroom Steward is responsible for the daily servicing and cleaning of guest staterooms on a prompt and professional basis, and in accordance with the company’s highest standards as outlined.
• Change bed linens on either “changing day” or as needed. Ensures all linen is fresh, clean and in good condition.
• Remake beds and replace furniture to original locale.
• Inspects (for damaged or soiled), removes, and/or replaces all printed items as needed; room service booklet, signage, laundry bags with order form, breakfast door menus, permanent collateral, tent cards, etc.
• Dusts the entire room, or as needed, including the dusting or polishing of electrical units and loose furniture.
• Vacuums the entire room or as needed.
• Cleans mirrors, chrome, glass, windows, window ledges, and other shinning surfaces.
• Collects all stray dishware and removes them if not needed.
• Restocks, resets, or removes any amenities as needed according to the number of guests occupying the stateroom. Pays special attention to refilling the coffee and mini-bar setup.
• Collects all trash and removes it from the room. Clean and sanitizes the trash bins.
• Folds or stows any guest luggage, shoes, clothing, or possessions.
• Ice buckets: Refills at correct times throughout the day.
• Proper turndown service nightly. Ensuring bed is turned down, towels and bathroom is refreshed, glasses replaced, empty plates removed, the next day’s Freestyle Daily, with other flyers inserted in FSD, is placed at the foot of the bed, etc.
• When not in use, extra equipment must be correctly stored; pillows, bedspreads, luggage pads, life jackets.
• Assure to clean in the bathroom; walls, ceiling, floors, toilet, drainage, shower curtain, shinning of mirrors & chrome. Changing of towels (if necessary and in accordance with the environmental policy). Re-stocking of all paper products and amenities as needed.
• Keeps hallways tidy, passable and presentable by removing trash and dirty linen to back areas as needed, throughout the workday and at the end of each shift.
• Vacuums the hallways at the start and end of each shift.
• Embarkation/Disembarkation day: Cleans and sanitizes all drawers, closets, and shelves.
• Properly sanitizes hot tubs and special features at the end of each cruise.
• Shines and polishes metal ice buckets and stands.
• Ensures the proper number and sizes of life jackets needed by the guests are readily available in the stateroom.
• Maintains the highest standards of cleanliness in all guest staterooms and surrounding areas, proper management system sorting (at source), entry to guest staterooms and reports any suspicious activity.
• Maintains the trolley, hallway, locker and pantry areas at all times in accordance with USPH and SEMS rules and regulations.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
• Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
• Intermediate to Advanced verbal and written level of English is required.
• Two years’ experience in a Hotel or related establishment is required; or two years’ experience in hotel related positions on board ships is required.
• High school diploma or equivalent is required. Some related college education is preferred.
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started.
THE NORWEGIAN FAMILY OF BRANDS
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
GET SOCIAL WITH US!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.