Recreation Staff - Mandarin Speakers
GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and being their personal best. We are a dedicated, passionate team, all driven by the spirit of determination and innovation and as you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line family. www.ncl.com
ABOUT NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 50-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility to design their ideal cruise vacation. Norwegian operates a total of 14 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Recently, the line was named “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line" for the fourth consecutive year by the World Travel Awards. In the summer of 2017, we will launch our 15th ship, Norwegian Joy, sailing exclusively in China; https://www.ncl.com/norwegian-joy
*** PLEASE READ PRIOR TO COMPLETING THE APPLICATION***
This job posting is specifically for candidates who speak Mandarin fluently as we have ships that sail in the China market.
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Recreation Staff (Norwegian Joy) will conduct and oversee the operation of any of the following onboard recreational areas: Aqua Park, Rock Climbing, Galaxy, Ping Pong Go Karts, Bumper Cars and Virtual Games. They need to ensure a safe and efficient operation and have the ability to deal with adults and children alike.
- Needs to be very focused on the safe and efficient operation of the corresponding Recreation venue.
- Required to have very good customer service skills dealing with both adults and children that will be participating at events held in all Recreation venues.
- Understand and enforce the guidelines for safe practices when guests are using the various activities and events in any Recreation venues. If confrontation arises, be able to diffuse the situation and have the guest leave content.
- Ability to host an event or tournament that is relative to their position for up to 100 guests. Needs to have nice clarity and projection of voice and be able to interact well with guests in this format.
- Be responsible of all equipment used to perform the role. In addition, needs to report to the Recreation Supervisor (who reports to the Assistant Cruise Director), on a daily basis, any equipment malfunctions or problems.
- Keeps necessary records of equipment use to comply with safety standards.
- Required to attend and contribute where applicable to any departmental or ship meetings.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of six months experience in a customer service position, within hospitality, preferably working with adults and children is required.
- Arcade experience/theme park experience would be preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced ability to read, write and effectively communicate in both English and Mandarin is required; and other languages are preferred.
- High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Completion of an accredited Certification Program in an athletic/recreational discipline from a recognized educational institution is preferred.
REQUIRED ABILITIES / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, taste and smell. All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
- Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.
- This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started.
THE NORWEGIAN FAMILY OF BRANDS
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
GET SOCIAL WITH US!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.