GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and being their personal best. We are a dedicated, passionate team, all driven by the spirit of determination and innovation and as you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line family. www.ncl.com
ABOUT NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 50-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility to design their ideal cruise vacation. Norwegian operates a total of 14 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Recently, the line was named “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line" for the fourth consecutive year by the World Travel Awards. In the summer of 2017, we will launch our 15 th ship, Norwegian Joy, sailing exclusively in China; https://www.ncl.com/norwegian-joy
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- The Audio Technician is responsible for the running of the production and guest artist shows. The technician will oversee the operation of all Audio Systems onboard. Assist other technicians with scenery changeovers and maintenance.
- Maintain the Audio design as set by the design teams & Norwegian Cruise Line.
- In the event that production Audio needs to be changed for operational circumstances, then notes must be taken so that the show can be returned to the correct audio design.
- Set up and operate Audio for variety entertainer and various events other than production shows.
- Operate equipment during daily rehearsals and sound checks for the evening entertainment; ensure that all activities have appropriate Audio support.
- Performs preventive maintenance and cleaning on all entertainment audio equipment, on the vessel with the help of the Technical staff.
- Assist with all scenic changeovers and ensures they are completed in a safe and timely manner.
- Perform daily tests of Audio systems prior to show time and inform Technical Supervisor of any malfunction.
- Responsible for the proper use and placement of microphones on performers. Responsible for the collection and inventory of all microphones and other loose equipment and to ensure it is secure at close of venue.
- In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS / ATTRIBUTES
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of complex Musical/variety theatrical Audio design.
- Advanced knowledge of both Analogue and digital Audio console (For example; Yamaha PM1D, PM5D, M7, PM3500, Midas Heritage) Shure Wireless microphones. Lexicon effects processors, Tape and hard drive playback systems. Various gate and compression units.
- Two years of experience in Musical Theater is preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Musical theatre productions, backstage operations and safe rigging practices.
- Advanced knowledge of Audio systems.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Associates Degree in Technical Theatre or a related field of study
- Appropriate vocational/technical training and/or experience may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required degree.
REQUIRED ABILITIES / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell.
- All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
- Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.
- This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started.
THE NORWEGIAN FAMILY OF BRANDS
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
GET SOCIAL WITH US!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.