Head Sushi Chef - Bermuda
Head Sushi Chef
Yellowfin Ltd, a group comprised of five diverse restaurants in Bermuda, seeks a Head Sushi Chef to manage all food operations within our contemporary sushi restaurant.
As Head Sushi Chef you will design the menu and daily specials, working alongside the Executive Chef to create dishes that are truly special. Whilst still providing a classic sushi experience, our menu and specials offer modern and creative interpretations of traditional sushi ingredients.
Applicants must have a minimum of five years experience in a sushi restaurant/bar, with a minimum of two years in a supervisory position.
- Day to day supervision of service, specials and required mise en place
- Ordering and Inventory
- Recruitment and Scheduling
- Training and development of brigade
- Control of food and labour costs.
- Menu creation and development
- Strong knowledge of Japanese food and the art of sushi
- Must be passionate with modern creative flair
- Excellent knife skills, sashimi cutting, making sushi by hand
- The ability to maintain high standards in a high volume environment
- Fluent spoken and written English
A strong customer facing personality is required in addition to excellent English communication skills. The restaurant possesses a large bar, and we have a high percentage of repeat custom, necessitating daily interaction with guests.